• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MSUK lifestyle change thread (ok, diet thread)

Bigjimknickers

So that's possibly one of the best ideas I've seen. So how??

That is pretty damn awesome.

Thanks. It's been a while since I've had time to develop the idea further but I'm hoping I'll be able to take it a bit further soon. I've got ideas  :yes:

• 5 weeks later...

5:2 begins again today.

Weekly weigh in on Friday then every Friday from then on.

Today, fast day, I had a latte & 2 litres of water, then for tea a bowl of Rice Krispies- no added sugar.

Meant to keep under 600 calories on a fast day, I reckon that'll do it.

• 10 months later...

My wife and  I use to have Fitbit bands, great piece of kit, very motivational, although one major failure, it's not waterproof. So couple of months ago we found a Garman version and haven't looked back, have not changed foods or diets, but have increased the steps/ activity level. These are waterproof, great app for your phone, currently doing 20,000 plus steps per day.

Edited by QRC
  • Like 1

On 27/06/2016 at 20:12, QRC said:

My wife and  I use to have Fitbit bands, great piece of kit, very motivational, although one major failure, it's not waterproof. So couple of months ago we found a Garman version and haven't looked back, have not changed foods or diets, but have increased the steps/ activity level. These are waterproof, great app for your phone, currently doing 20,000 plus steps per day.

Have you got a link for the garmin one

On 04/07/2016 at 22:42, Bigjimknickers said:

Started to use my clothes horse/running machine now, I've lost enough to run on it now without the neighbors complaining!

man, it's boring though...

you could try a spin bike.  very good for weight loss.

I've got the Garmin Vivoactive but with recent updates to the device and/or Garmin Connect app it, it is now tracking sleep properly anymore.

I do love my Garmin though. I think Fitbit do have a better software side of things, ie more informative and more user friendly but the Garmin for me wins because its fully waterproof to 50m so you do not need to worry about water at all.

I am thinking about upgrading to the Vivoactive HR...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...