• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

fail safe

carlos150279

Funny enough the 2nd buggy I got yesterday does this and with the Tx on and im sorry to say I took off the fail safe and all is good. Thought it was batteries at first but no even with putting in a 6v hump and brand new duracells in the Tx but still done it with the fail safe fitted.

I am not expert though so hoping to get something out of this post too but my gut feeling is the fail safe is broken. Iv tried resetting it but still nothing but the shakes lol.

egac

Have you set the fail safe up?

last one i installed needed to be configured, something like tx & rx on, apply full break and while doing so press and hold the pin switch to set the failsafe holding it down it should flash to indicate that it has been set.

to test that it has worked after seeing an indication like mentioned above turn off the tx, the brake should be applied as expected.

hope this helps

Edited by Hodor

What buggy are you installing the failsafe into? If its a new Hyper SS it should have one already built in, the manual will tell you how to set it up. If that's not the case then Googling will help :thumbsup:

Was the failsafe originally on the HPI Buggy? If so, I would download the instruction manual for said buggy to activate it properly.

They are a piece of cake to do but (it it is the same as what is standard in my HPI buggy) the steps to do it are a little different than laid out above.

They are a piece of cake to do but (it it is the same as what is standard in my HPI buggy) the steps to do it are a little different than laid out above.

sorry if the advise i provided did'nt help and caused more confusion, as mentioned the devices do differ and probably best to identify the device you have in order to seek more appropriate guidance.

sorry if the advise i provided did'nt help and caused more confusion, as mentioned the devices do differ and probably best to identify the device you have in order to seek more appropriate guidance.

No problem, I just thought it best to point out rather than the OP get himself more confused by trying what may not be the correct method to activate it. :thumbsup: