• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my hyper 7 budget build

sean.b

Been sorting diffs today mate going 30k in centre changed all bearings today aswell so its now ready for electrics once I've turned the front diff the right way round haha. That will have to wait though as I picked my new car up today so need to pay for that asap so unlesssomething cheap comes up this will be on hold for the next 2-3 months while I get that paid for

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered some yesterday just to be on the safe side. Also ordered this morning motor esc shell tx and rx only thing remaining is the rear chassis brace as the end gas split on the one I have

20140402_161028_zpsc29d3b86.jpg

Started cutting my first ever shell and I have to say I don't like it.is there a specific tool for doing this almost there though

Edited by sean.b

Just need to solder a deans on the esc and hope my new tx and rx turns up tomorrow not holding my breath though as the guy on ebay isn't messaging back :(

20140404_195734_zpsc929b25e.jpg

Motor is all meshed deans soldered on just need to paint the shell now and wait for radio gear.all in finished for roughly

Thanks mate didn't want to try to much on a first paint job.they came with a joblot of spares I got recently can get them on ebay for about

Shes moves although big fail on my part mixed the channels up and when I turned everything on tested steering and away she went lmao

Right had it out earlier don't know if it's because I was using a half charged lipo but it's not fast enough going to get a 4s next weekend as 2s isn't going to cut it then up the pinion.it handles amazing rear end slides a little in the bends which I find really nice.

I did notice 19t seems to be the pinion everyone uses

I got it from ms as a hyper 7 shell.its the same as the shell on my tq2 nitro

20140407_212220_zps90d51d12.jpg

thanks guys

Edited by sean.b

Got a 19t pinion today going to test with the 2s and see where I want to go from there.I don't want silly speeds where it won't grip of the mark but don't want it slow either.also hoping trying it a bit at a time will help me find where the motor and esc is happy don't want to chuck a 19t pinion on 4s and kill it

Edited by sean.b