• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaping

Rover Man

I dont know whats going on now i charged it 100% and the coils that read 1.8ohms are now all over the place now usually 2.2ohm 2.3ohm sometimes 3.0ohm and acouple of times 9.9ohms lol 2.8 right now 2.3 now. everytime i push it i get a different reading. 

I think i will take it back Monday cos its not vaping at times at all until i wiggle the head 

it was a new coil last night too 

it sounds like you have vamo ****ed head its a known problem with vamo`s they don`t like to last too long i think it was something todo with the wiring being a bit dodgey not soldered on properly.

edit. found some info about the battery its made by lg and has a capacity of 2500mah Max.Continuous Discharge Current: 20A Max.Plus Discharge Current: 30A 3.6v most 18650 battery`s are usually 3.7v 

Edited by mini-z-awd

• 2 weeks later...

Latest addition.

Vamo V5 with an Aspire K1 . works great

02664D9C-B09F-4535-B883-8D571DED9BB2_zps

looking good and that coolfire 2 still looks cool as hell i think one will be coming my way one day.

got a new toy aswell a hana modz v3 its running a russian 91%/ kayfun lite tank (clone) at the moment the hana will be getting a new 510 and firing button soon as the 510 and button are abit pants oh and i also got a 5ml nautulis tank awhile ago that`s sitting on a sentinal m16 mech mod right now with the bvc coils and i sold the panzer mech mod just was`nt feeling it anymore plus it was a heavy beast 

WP_20141027_006_zpsb0eb7c93.jpg

Edited by mini-z-awd

I recently watched a video of a scottish dude doing a dual coil rebuild of the nautilus bvc heads. Where can I buy ready made coils with the wick? Any links, I have looked about to no avail. Fancy giving it a whirl!

I recently watched a video of a scottish dude doing a dual coil rebuild of the nautilus bvc heads. Where can I buy ready made coils with the wick? Any links, I have looked about to no avail. Fancy giving it a whirl!

Here you go buddy

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Aspire_Nautilus_Coil_18ohm/p705283_11637883.aspx

its not worth the hassle of trying to recoil the bvc coils i tried it with one of mine and it was absolute pish your better of just buying new coils there cheap enough and do you have a link to the vid would like to see him doing it.

if you want to buy some new coils try vaper caper and put in the discount code potv10 and get 10% off and free shipping 

Thanks for the advice guys, duly noted. The problem I have had is when I bought my mini nautilus I also bought a pack of 5 heads. 3 of them so far have been duds.

After doing some research, it seems a common theme with these and saw about recoiling them myself so thought i'd give it a whirl. Plus I like tinkering with stuff! For all it would cost, I still wouldnt mind giving it a go, it doesnt seem overly difficult after watching the video.

Here is the link, it does go on a bit but grab a brew and have a watch and see what you think.

http://m.youtube.com/index?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&desktop_uri=%2F%3Fhl%3Den-GB%26gl%3DGB#/watch?v=hxxUp_Am0k8

Thanks for the advice guys, duly noted. The problem I have had is when I bought my mini nautilus I also bought a pack of 5 heads. 3 of them so far have been duds.

After doing some research, it seems a common theme with these and saw about recoiling them myself so thought i'd give it a whirl. Plus I like tinkering with stuff! For all it would cost, I still wouldnt mind giving it a go, it doesnt seem overly difficult after watching the video.

Here is the link, it does go on a bit but grab a brew and have a watch and see what you think.

http://m.youtube.com/index?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&desktop_uri=%2F%3Fhl%3Den-GB%26gl%3DGB#/watch?v=hxxUp_Am0k8

no video just my watch page comes up

Strange, goes straight to it on mine!

Go to youtube and type in Rebuilding Aspire Nautilus Head - DUAL coil!

Tried to find it on planet of the vapes but cant. I know the bloke is a member on there.

What's with the gurgling I keep getting on my kanger evod?is it just a sign my coil needs replacing?

its probably that too much liquid is getting in to the coil take it off the battery/device then turn it upside down and blow also cover the top when blowing so you don`t get liquid in your eyes and see what happens after that well thats what i used todo when i was using carto style tanks ypu could also try another coil to see what happens aswell.

one thing how long has the coil been in the tank ? as you usually have to change them every two weeks or so depending on how much you vape the more you vape the more you have to change them or the juice does`nt taste the same 

What's with the gurgling I keep getting on my kanger evod?is it just a sign my coil needs replacing?

The tank could be on the way out, the plastic tanks do crack after a while. I used to fill mine with water then hold finger over end hold above my head and blow into it then hold it with the base pointing toward floor and blowing again. This tests both the top and bottom of tank for cracks as water will come out the tank if it is cracked. Otherwise it is your coil that's the problem in which case you should try a different one of those.

I've recently got a couple of new additions to my collection, an Innokin itaste 134 and Innokin Cool Fire I. They are a bit of a backward step from my previous purchase of Innokin SVD as the itaste 134 only controls wattage and the Cool Fire I has nothing variable, you just stick an 18350 battery in and go. The itaste 134 is far too large to be anything but a stay at home mod and is just right for my shovels. It's a hefty little blighter at 385g with battery, tank and liquid. I am currently still using my Protank II copy from Emist with a Kanger Airflow Control Valve, i've been vaping that thing to death and it just keeps on going unlike anything plastic tanked i've used. All i've had to change is coils every couple of weeks. I've bought some rubber rings for both the tank and base but haven't had to replace them yet over 2 months on from first using the tank.

The itaste 134 came with an iclear 30 tank and the Cool Fire I came with an iclear 30B which i haven't used. I still haven't used the 2x iclear 30's included with the SVD neither. I have also added a Kanger Protank 3 and Kanger Aerotank to collection and reckon i shouldn't be wanting for anything but juice for a good while to come.

Think it's been 3 weeks since I last changed the coil and vape a lot .ill try the water thing and put a new coil in and see how it goes.

Should really try a new tank as I've been using these evods for months now and I bet better tanks can now be had.

Anyone used the pro tank 3?to be used on a vision spinner 2 if that makes a difference lol

Edited by Hyper-d

Made a photo of most of my vaping gear, i am sticking with stainless stuff as much as possible as the coating on the coloured stuff just ends up peeling off within a few weeks because i like to carry/hold my ecigs.

CollectionOct2014.jpg

Yes Hyper-D there are better tanks out now intended for the Ego/Evod style batteries that are pyrex instead of plastic like the Smok Aro, Kanger Mini Protanks and Evod Glass to name just a few. The price of them is very comparable to what the plastic ones used to be a few months ago before most got discontinued. I haven't tried my Protank 3 out yet, i have used my Mini Protank 3 however which i guess would vape similarly since it has the same dual coil but the tank is just smaller. I will say that one of the biggest improvements i found was the Airflow Control Valve which can be bought seperately for around

• Like 1

i`ve used a pro tank 2 and it was ok on a spinner type battery but you could also look at the maxi nautulis tank or even the mini which come with the newer bvc coils and has good airflow i have the maxi version and its been really good though i would recommend the bvc coils in the maxi 

• Like 1

Another vote for the nautilus tanks, I have a mini and its way better than the likes of the innokin i16's etc. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Bought some wire and wick to try my own dual coil build. I will update when I have done it. For

• 3 weeks later...

Cheeky i know and if i can help in return ill glady do it.

But does anybody have a spare e cig and charger or mayb tank too that they could donate to me please? i won't say why bcos i dont want to put that too it. But it would really help someone very close to me. 

Or one cheap price.

Im kicking myself in the nuts bcos i donated my spare last week and that would of been a life saver now.

I would pay the

Edited by RCbutcher

Cheeky i know and if i can help in return ill glady do it.

But does anybody have a spare e cig and charger or mayb tank too that they could donate to me please? i won't say why bcos i dont want to put that too it. But it would really help someone very close to me. 

Or one cheap price.

Im kicking myself in the nuts bcos i donated my spare last week and that would of been a life saver now.

I would pay the

Edited by mini-z-awd

Thanks mate i just use 1.8ohm or 1.5 but they read 1.8 lol. I might stop using my local soon lol, they hype up items both rep and price and i keep going back for more. Thinking ide rather go somewhere ill get good quality genuine items. It doesn't look like thats the case tho lol.

Ive looked at a few sites but they seem like hassle having to sign up and stuff im already bombarded by people trying to get access to our pc or sell us stuff to acuse us of dodging debt lol. Do you know any good ones who just accept paypal no sign up?