• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How much do you guys spend on this hobby per month?

lazkopat

My wife and I each have a monthly hobby budget of 50 quid, written into the household spreadsheet and everything. However, at the end of the month once all bills are taken care of and we have put a bit into savings, there is usually still a bit left over, so my wife and I divide that between us and add it to out hobby budgets, which usually end up beimg around 70 quid as a result.

Then there are the Christmas and Birthday months when we tend to go a bit wild, and often spend several hundred on each other, usually on hobby goodies!

Ur one wealthy guy thunderwolf, wish I was like you ;)

I'm hearing good stuffs, keep it coming chaps

not true, i was on min wage at the time, but as i lived with my mum i had very little to pay out.

not so true now as i live on my own, so i have food, rent, gas, power, etc to think about before spending on toys

The path to divorce starts with one small lie..... ;-p

lol, true. I'm pretty sure she knows I spend more than I let on about but not the full extent. I earn it, I spend it. She gets some and the kids are looked after, everyone is happy :)

Lolol

All that matters fella, NO hobby should come before the needs of a family, IMO...

If we had children, then I certainly wouldn't spend on hobbies as I do....the small child who lives inside me, on the other hand.... Rofl

• Like 1

lol, true. I'm pretty sure she knows I spend more than I let on about but not the full extent. I earn it, I spend it. She gets some and the kids are looked after, everyone is happy :)

Quite right!!

yep once the household bills are paid, cupboards full of food then i can spend on what i like.

when it comes to a new rc though i do ask, better to get it out in the open then at least theres no arguements lurking.....

but i am lucky, the mrs. doesn`t care for rc but she will pick out colour schemes and occasionally do a little spannering work with me if the soaps aren`t on :xd:  :xd:

yeah, she does the beadlock screws, removed a axial gearbox and stripped it, cant really fault her, but it costs me in the fact i have to behave and not moan when she is clothes shopping which to be fair ain`t that bad.....

Probably not a lot.....but I don't keep a record and don't have a budget. If I see it and want it, I buy it.

Certainly wouldn't consult wife before a major purchase!. She doesn't consult me about her bears, etc., even though I get the bills!

Last major expenditure I recall was last year when I decided to start moving towards 2.4ghz. Spent just short of a grand on 9 Core/Etronix/Tamco 3 channel stick sets and converting 15 Esprit/Gemini/JR etc. 40mhz sets.to 2.4ghz.