• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What to choose

jayz

Hi all, im new to this and looking at getting a rc car but not sure what to get. i would like nitro and more off road type which is popular in order to get spares for when i crash. I dont wanna buy something and then have trouble getting parts or up grades. 

Is traxxas revo or t-maxx any good? or like hpi or is there something better? or what would you choose, 

Im in cornwall and far as i know not many shops around.

thanks jay

Edited by jayz

are you sure you defo want nitro mate?    only ask because, if new to it, electric is alot simpler(i don't mean anything by that :xd:  :thumbsup: ),. i understand why some people prefer nitro tho, my bro has a couple. but he's always tinkering with them, while us leccy's just continuosly fly about. 

plus, what kind of budget bud?

Scott

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum :)

What is your budget roughly mate?

Would you mind buying a used Ready to run as a new one will require running in and setting up which can be a pain for a new starter to the hobby?

If you definately want new the best place would be the forum shop - www.modelsport.co.uk

Where will you be running this? Ideally for a nitro or any powerful car,you will need a bit of space so it would be something to taken into mind before purchasing.Sometimes you find the case of buying a new car in all the excitement,then the owner has no where to run it and ends up selling!

Have a browse on Modelsport,Traxxas,HPI,Hoabo and many more manufactures do some good cars.Just avoid stuff like Smartech,hsp and this nitrotek carp!

Hi all, im new to this and looking at getting a rc car but not sure what to get. i would like nitro and more off road type which is popular in order to get spares for when i crash. I dont wanna buy something and then have trouble getting parts or up grades.

Is traxxas revo or t-maxx any good? or like hpi or is there something better? or what would you choose,

Im in cornwall and far as i know not many shops around.

thanks jay

I mite have a very tidy traxxas slayer3.3 for sell pretty much same as a revo but not such a wide track on it.....as I need to down size my collect. ....it will b rtr apart from fuel.....can get sum pixs for u if intrested...pm if so......

we have about 52+ acres of fields and woods so plenty off room, want nito as its more up my street as always repairing the machines. because of the land it will be running on is why i wanted a off road one. dont really mind if its new or second hand more worried about making sure there plenty of spares and possible upgrades to play with and get. 

The hyper 7 doesnt look like it has much ground clearance unless its just the picture ive seen, they all prob look different in the flesh,  

Edited by jayz

we have about 52+ acres of fields and woods so plenty off room, want nito as its more up my street as always repairing the machines. because of the land it will be running on is why i wanted a off road one. dont really mind if its new or second hand more worried about making sure there plenty of spares and possible upgrades to play with and get.

The hyper 7 doesnt look like it has much ground clearance unless its just the picture ive seen, they all prob look different in the flesh,

plenty of spares for the slayer as its a revo apart from longer a arms and shafts.....jus put revo or slayer in e bay and see what comes up.......I have used it no more then 3-4 times since I had it.....just needs a quik wipe overand it'll look like new....the shell is almost immaculate as I ran it with the beetle shell.....ez start system so no pull strings. .2 speed gear box....plenty of go in em.....and they can take a beating....as I bash me revo pretty hard and its fine...... Edited by evssv

If its rough pasture and woodland, you are right about the Hyper (or any 1/8 buggy). I have 5 Hypers  and they are tough and reliable, but with their limited ground clearance they don't cope well with longer or coarse grass.

I use my Savages and T-Maxxs on a friends farm and my Marder copes quite well there as well. Maybe some sort of 1/5th is worth considering. Dearer to buy, but much more economical to run.

Edited by Shudson

You will need a monster truck. For the ground clearance primeraly . I am a Revo guy. But you shouldn't dismiss the savage. I stay on a farm and buggy's like the hyper have a lot of limitations..

Andy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

thats what i was sorta thinking, im not really sure about budget, depends weather the wife is watching or not lol. was thinking maybe 3-400 but the important thing is to get something that ill be happy with

found this not far from me on fleebay 

Edited by jayz