• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best Lipo battery connector

Robcopland

Bare in mind that if you do buy 5.5 or xt90s they need a pretty good soldering iron to do a decent job, I tried with a 30W when I first went brushless (I solder for a living so I'm pretty good) it wouldn't even touch them! I eventually did it but when I bought an 80W weller it was night & day difference, really easy now .

Was originally using deans but have now swapped to Traxxas connectors. TRX Connectors are a bit fiddly to solder, too much solder and you can stop the bars from clipping into the plastic. Considering switching to xt90's now, heard nothing but good reviews on them. 

Serious? You must have some good bashing grounds? And the weather to match!

Have you checked out AusRC on YouTube? Some good vids going on! Mostly racing, but a few good bashing compilations too.

Havent seen it yet will have a look. Yeah there is alot of place's from national parks right up to the old bmx tracks the weather is sort of getting bad this time of year as its our wet season an my new esc isn't waterproof so I cant really have to much fun might look into a waterproof esc so that the weather dont stop me lol our rc track should be built this year cross fingers as id like to get into a bit of racing as bashing around by my self is a bit boring

Went with XC60 connectors, easy enough to solder and heat shrink as well. First time I've ran the lipos in the firestorm and was really surprised on the improvement. Now just to switch to brushless ;)

just make sure youve got the esc set to lipo mode

Was originally using deans but have now swapped to Traxxas connectors. TRX Connectors are a bit fiddly to solder, too much solder and you can stop the bars from clipping into the plastic. Considering switching to xt90's now, heard nothing but good reviews on them.

The trick with traxxas connectors is to wrap a bit of foil around them by the tab, stops stray solder spoiling the day when you push them into the housing :)

• 3 months later...

Just read this thread again as I'm really struggling with the xt90s there really difficult to undo, & I don't want another hernia!

Thinking of going ec5.

What amps can ec3 handle? I think my new charger has all ec3 connectors on it. (Dynamite quad prophet charger)

Deans all the way bullet connectors melt tamiya melt , I've even had an traxxas clip melt , deans are the perfect means :D no matter what you are running , il even put a deans on an air hogs rc if I had one lol

Edited by RCTROJAN

Deans or XT60 here.

XT60`s Ive had go a bit melty on me when soldering, but that was way back when I first started, so probs noobness.