• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's "The King Of Wraith's"

.AJ.

Seriously nice AJ!  :sweeeet:

In the time it has taken me to just mask my SCX10 shell, you have managed to complete an entire Wraith build!! :lol:

I'm not sure if the Wraiths are as easily effected by wheel weights as the SCX10's but make sure they're true and firm to the wheel. Else you'll end up with tires that look drunk when they move.. lol

Anyway, looks epic mate!  :thumbsup:

I've never had any issue with wheel weights before, I use 1/1 self adhesive wheel balancing weights and tape them round the rim with insulation tape :)

Anyway onto the bling!

20140114_154154_zpsiixvjniu.jpg

20140114_154112_zpslfqgqaws.jpg

And also fitted all the electrics properly and gave her a run round the lounge haha

20140114_154242_zpsffxxoxzm.jpg

3s is too much for indoors and the drag brake is pretty nuts and needs turning down a bit :lol:

Wow nice wraith you ever build anything to order for somebody else as I would be interested in the same set up but with the aluminium and black body panels. Can't believe you done so much work on it in under a week awesome build.

AJ ... how fast does this thing actually go?

I like the 'idea' of a crawler....but not the crawling bit of a crawler. I don;t have enough really rough terrain to play that way. Would be fine to crawl...if it can run as well!

I reckon around 20mph on 3s, so much quick than a normal crawler, plenty of people run these brushless, but the drivetrain needs serious upgrades to take decent power

• Like 1

That's pretty much what I've got coming from aisatees and about the same price - decided against the 20 light "smart" control versions with flashing heads, indicators etc - would get on my nerves quick as anything! Might run it off ch3 and see if I can make them turn-off-and-on-able.

I've decided my build should currently be known as the "Budget Creep Wraith" as I could probably have had a summit running on LiPos for the same money... but that would have defeated the point - it wouldn't have been mine!

I've (barely) started a build thread over on RCCrawler; CBA to post constantly in more than one place, so I'll do a condensed version here once there's a decent amount to show.

Just seen your build, I'll follow it over on RCC, I've had an account for a few years on that forum, but never posted anything :lol:

I thought a rock clawler was ment to be slow not a 20mph beast ,looks good.

Haha, on 2s it's more tame, probably around 12-14mph, but 3s brings her alive nicely, I have the option to run up 6s with this esc and have been told a 35t on 4s is just plan nuts, awesome wheel speed and the torque to snap axles for fun

Thinking about it, think I'll stick to 2&3s :lol:

20140115_101637_zpsakqdd3ko.jpg

20140115_101647_zpsv9lbmvuq.jpg

She is pretty finished for now, but the next stage of hop ups will be.....

Metal upper links, probably VPs

Super Shafty top shaft

RRP Gen3 Slash slipper

Gripfab* Diff lockers

HD Diff gears, I may go Overdrive in the front but haven't made my mind up yet

;)

Edited by .AJ.

Fine build dude.

My supershafty stuff was marked down at customs. I adore the gen 3, makes my wraith perfect. I also run their 6mm outputs. 

Gripfab* lockers have availability issues tho worth the wait.

I have a fair few vp bits i would part with now just so you know dude.

I looked at the 6mm output shafts, but don't think I'm running enough power to warrant them really, but the RRP slipper and top shaft are top of the list for me do :)

Fully understandable& I would agree.

I broke my 5mm's after 9 months of abuse nearly daily. I run a 3300kv tekin pro 4 setup at the moment tho considering more. A few people are going to rx8's and 1900kv T8 4s setups. Personally for wrexo that seems to much imo.