• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's "The King Of Wraith's"

.AJ.

as always with your builds aj, looking mighty fine :thumbsup:

what you doing regarding the body panels?? any paint scheme in mind or alloy panels from radshape??

ill keep watching the build too mate :thumbsup:

also if you decide to ditch the wheels, ill have them, not bothered about the tyres mind.......

A bit more done overnight

20140109_190452_zpst48ljm2a.jpg

I'm happy with the roof being black, just can't for the life of me work out a colour to do the body panels, I may just end up getting a alloy panel kit from Radshape after seeing what a bargain price they are lol

It's looking really good mate, what alloy trusses are those you have on the axle cases?

No alloy steering links though? The stockers are really soft and bendy.

They may well be bendy but you'll soon start killing servos. I found that out the very hard way on a savox and three hitecs. Hence why my vanquish one was in the box before I went ifs

Yep, I may have cheaped out on the GPM parts, but things like hubs/lockouts etc are pretty low stressed parts, by doing it this way I saved a few quid and could go all and get top of line stuff like the MIP's, RR gearing, Gmade shocks and Electrics. If it doesn't workout I'll just get a VP Stage one kit when money allows :lol:

Yep, I may have cheaped out on the GPM parts, but things like hubs/lockouts etc are pretty low stressed parts, by doing it this way I saved a few quid and could go all and get top of line stuff like the MIP's, RR gearing, Gmade shocks and Electrics. If it doesn't workout I'll just get a VP Stage one kit when money allows :lol:

i ran all topcad stuff on my axles aj and that got some abuse, only thing i did have from vp was the steering link but i did have to be careful as the only weak link was the servo casing.

waste of good money though mate buying vp for upgrades, axial or 3 racing cvd`s and topcad stuff, not like its under loads of stress......

Each piece of VP stuff is like a work of art though. I still wouldn't buy any of it mind. Talk about a black hole of money.

oh definately, the exo motor mount could be sat on a shelf as is and look beautiful but other than that and the wraith/crest steering link is a waste of hard earned......

Running GPM and top cad parts on mine, been spot on thus far - they survived a 60foot cliff drop, that'll do for me.

Tried topcad shocks, utter rubbish, and top cad alloy wheels, fouled the rod ends on the VP steering, so removed 'em.

VP kit looks awesome, their rims are simply beautiful, I wouldn't be buying it either. Budget wraith FTW!

Looks like I'm going to have the same issue :(

So ordered a set of +5mm hexs to go on the front to create a bit more room :)

Ta for the tip, looks like will skip plans of alloy ones and go back to idea of reusing Titus beadlocks that were abandoned from the Merv. Edited by Geeze