• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Back in the Baja fraternity! (The Beast)

Oh How Original

Also RC Modelz already told me to send it back, I just haven't got round to it yet, will do it tomorrow.

Which suggests they may be aware of issues and will simply replace it. Why go through all this tedium and question posing, when it was made clear that for once, the buggy itself is actually at fault, not as a result of bad tinkering on your part??

• Like 1

Why not?

It may very well not be that, I have a feeling it isn't, because why would it make the pinion bounce up and down... It simply wouldn't be straight.

I have a hunch it's something else, if others see something I have missed, it could solve the issue all together.

I'm also not sure how you can make out like it's me who ruins them all, when some have arrived with bad engines straight from the off.

That isn't my "bad tinkering"...

The only thing i would add thats nothing to do with your gear issue is run a saw through that pipe and fit a flexible joiner. You can crack the head

in a bad crash even more now you have cut the wing off 

• Like 1

The only thing i would add thats nothing to do with your gear issue is run a saw through that pipe and fit a flexible joiner. You can crack the head

in a bad crash even more now you have cut the wing off 

Yeah I know bud cheers, was planning on doing that anyway, just haven't got round to it yet, as I've been slowly running on tarmac and the football pitch, not done any jumps or anything to go end over end yet lol.

That is high on my to do list though :thumbsup:

I clearly stated that FOR ONCE, this issue wasn't because of poor tinkering. You really have a bad case of foot in mouth disease at the moment!

Just send the damn thing back and pray that the replacement is lined up correctly, honestly...mountains from bloody mole hills!!!

• Like 1

I clearly stated that FOR ONCE, this issue wasn't because of poor tinkering. You really have a bad case of foot in mouth disease at the moment!

Just send the damn thing back and pray that the replacement is lined up correctly, honestly...mountains from bloody mole hills!!!

Jon seriously, if it bothers you, don't comment?

It would solve your apparent problem.

• Like 1

Ooooooh, put your handbag away!

I don't have a problem, all my gears mesh nicely, thanks all the same ;-p

I was more meaning the problem you seem to have with me, just lately you seem to just drop snide comments pretty constantly.

It's just getting irritating as hell and not really adding anything to the threads.

I respect you and the Baja knowledge you have, but I'm not in the mood for it, if you can't add something positive, don't bother, cheers :thumbsup:

It's just getting irritating as hell and not really adding anything to the threads.

My point exactly, you tool! :xd:

This is EXACTLY what you do to threads over the entire forum. Just because you've read something or your 'mate' has one, does not give you carte blanche to spread your lack of knowledge, supposition and contrary opinions...to the tune of 7606 posts and counting. THAT is unhelpful and irritating. Snide comments and general mickey taking are not from me alone, I just happen to be more direct than some :thumbsup:

Anyway, back on topic, why not try a new rear plate if you cba returning it for a replacement, if that is where the discrepancies in milling are? I have one you could have for postage costs, unless you don't trust me not to include some form of Yorkshire chemical weapon in the package :whistling:

My point exactly, you tool! :xd:

This is EXACTLY what you do to threads over the entire forum. Just because you've read something or your 'mate' has one, does not give you carte blanche to spread your lack of knowledge, supposition and contrary opinions...to the tune of 7606 posts and counting. THAT is unhelpful and irritating. Snide comments and general mickey taking are not from me alone, I just happen to be more direct than some :thumbsup:

Anyway, back on topic, why not try a new rear plate if you cba returning it for a replacement, if that is where the discrepancies in milling are? I have one you could have for postage costs, unless you don't trust me not to include some form of Yorkshire chemical weapon in the package :whistling:

I help when I can, if I've had certain experiences that I know to be 100% true, then that does give me the right to give my opinion.

It just bugs me when recently you've just been directing a lot of snide comments my way, I'm all for banter and having a laugh, but on certain days, it just isn't the right time, I'm more than happy to explain what I mean by this in a PM, but it's not something I wish to mention in the open Forum.

That'd also be much appreciate, I personally think it is the circle part in the gear plate, I've Dremelled a very thin layer from around it but it's not worked.

I'm returning the clutch carrier to RC Modelz tomorrow, after seeing a picture, the clutch bell is going back too, to me it looks a bit of a bad weld, coupled with my up and down pinion, so he said send it back.

If you want to drop me a PM with Paypal details I'll gladly take the gear plate, anything is worth a try before replacing more expensive parts, which knowing my typical luck, I will end up having to do :lol:

Can I try some banter?

OHO you are smelly *giggles and runs off*

*from a distance mutters* Noj you're not smelly because you run brushless  

Also OHO get it right, it looks like to Feedtheinferno that it's a bad weld ;)

Edited by Feedtheinferno
  • Like 1

Then no, nothing to update, still no pinion (sellers having Royal Mail issues apparently) and still no replacement clutch carrier from RC Modelz and they aren't answering the phone... Good job the weather is terrible otherwise I'd probably be annoyed about missing bashing time lol.

Rear plate...totally slipped my mind. Reckon it is worth a try??

S'all good, if you don't mind sparing it, anything is worth a try really, I was on the phone to RCModelz today and they're sending me another clutch carrier back with fresh bearings in.

Drop me a PM with your PP and how much you want Jon :)