• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Did anyone get a release day Xbox one?

Veed79

Just wondering if anyone got one today? If so what's your thoughts so far? And are you planning any sleep tonight!!?

I'm still undecided what to buy im leaning towards the Xbox coz of kinect but not 100% sure just yet!

Still very torn by it due to Forza 5 but needing more info/experience feedback from users about online. I want to find out more if payment still required for gameplay and for apps like Netflix.

Still very torn by it due to Forza 5 but needing more info/experience feedback from users about online. I want to find out more if payment still required for gameplay and for apps like Netflix.

xbox live membership is still required.

it links between the 360 and the one, so if you have both you only need one gold membership for both consoles.

buddy of mine went and got one last night and so far he is loving it. me personally i cant afford one so i will wait until all bugs are ironed out and the price comes down drastically.

Yeah didn't think about the amount of games,just looked at list seems more than I thought but think there's only bout 2-3 I'd play and once id bought console I doubt I'd have any money to buy any so definitely be an after Xmas for me now

Just seen on sky news app there's a problem with a few machines being bricked by the first update! Not a good start only fix is to return to Microsoft? How true this is I don't know as the media does like to stir things up, but I guess you would be pretty annoyed if you queued all that time paid all that money and didn't even get to play it!

Just seen on sky news app there's a problem with a few machines being bricked by the first update! Not a good start only fix is to return to Microsoft? How true this is I don't know as the media does like to stir things up, but I guess you would be pretty annoyed if you queued all that time paid all that money and didn't even get to play it!

my understanding is this was a issue with ps4 consoles that amazon had dealt with.

does it have a blu-ray player built in??

if so ill have one once my 360 gives up but until then its not really high up on the priority list.

as already been said all the bugs and problems should be sorted by then though.

and microsoft are the daddies when it comes to controller comfort, unless of course you have babies hands then the sony is for you.... :xd:  :xd:

the console is suprisingly heavy though

jay

aye running an 86 breed cpu system and what 40nm die size.

basicly you just got a none clocking ok mobo and a nice 86 core cpu,

same as what most PC's have running these days.

i seen a stripped down PS4 and its heatsink and two mobo shields are huge. mobo is populated with GDDR5 memory chips on both sides

it runs a 80cm fan, and has a built in power transformer, ( expect the same goes for xbox1 so thats where weight comes from).

it is more module like in its build, the mobo is a one off design for ps4 to weird looking Fat Lshape

my bro is meant to get his from PC world on the 29th nov (PS4 that is)

me im happy with my quad core 4ghz (when clocked) and my 190+ gpu cores and shader pipes.

and the ability to upgrade to a higher gb bandwith gpu when i like

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

my understanding is this was a issue with ps4 consoles that amazon had dealt with.

Not sure mate can't find it now could be wrong but sure it said something about Xbox one being bricked, can't be that bad I guess as it would be more known about in media.

Won't be getting either consoles. I have both a Ps3 and a xbox360  neither of them have had much use on recently the xbox 360 due to GTA online.  But i have a very good PC and thats where i will be gaming most of the time. Rumor new metal gear is coming to PC so rules out a PS4 and only game i would want for xbone is dead rising 3

How you finding the Xbox mate? Have you used the kinect yet? Interested to see how that performs.

Not too keen on the dashboard, prefer the 360's. I've only used the kinect on Lovefilm, but it doesn't always hear me when I want to navigate through the menus.