• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

UKip good or bad?

RCbutcher

yes...but am not sure...I hated nigel F at first...and I know we cant have a party running the country that has racist overtones..

but he is a pretty good debater...and quite an ordinary bloke...

my personal problem...is that politics is a huge minefield...people go in...and have ideals...but when you grind it down..there are a million other factors that come into play when you set a policy....so you have to try and work around it...which means going back on your word or risking loss of the people that voted you in....

we slate them.but think about the things they get sucked into....there is no right answer....just a less wrong one..even then...millions will hate you

the only political leader to actually do anything they stated was sadly Adolph Hitler .

very good point if only he done it differently then we wouldnt be so ucked up right now with all these politacians saying we will do this and that and like barnett has said they will always have to go back on what they say and do.

iam not a rascist and not care what colour or religion you are but i see the point that some people have with all these immagrants coming here but arent we all immagrants like them. our great great great garndparents werent all born in this country but some were so we cant really say anything about that can we as that happened all those yrs ago. just imagine what it will like for our great great great grandchildren when they are saying and doing the same things we are doing well if they do that anyway but you never know the world may just go boom in the next however many decades and we`ll all be dead so who really cares well apart from the rich who will get richer under any government the people put in power

adolf was a huge liar...he ordered the massacre of Russia even though he agreed a deal with stalin and he made huge efforts to keep the final solution secret.. but lets not go there...

the rich get richer and the poor get poorer because they repeat the patterns they are taught..that is not always the fault of the administration....but of course the pattern has to be broken/tweaked somehow...

Yes politics is  a mess...but that is because the world is much more complex....politics is a symptom..not a cause...sit about and simplify it by all means....but I would say think a bit deeper than the knee jerk simplistic one dimensional answers

• Like 1

adolf was a huge liar...he ordered the massacre of Russia even though he agreed a deal with stalin and he made huge efforts to keep the final solution secret.. but lets not go there...

the rich get richer and the poor get poorer because they repeat the patterns they are taught..that is not always the fault of the administration....but of course the pattern has to be broken/tweaked somehow...

Yes politics is  a mess...but that is because the world is much more complex....politics is a symptom..not a cause...sit about and simplify it by all means....but I would say think a bit deeper than the knee jerk simplistic one dimensional answers

While I don't really pretend to understand it all, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that if all these MPs with massive salaries, several houses all bought and paid for, several cars, all bought and paid for, along with their "expenses"... If they didn't have all that, that would free up millions and millions which could be put to very good use.

Then again, our government doesn't even use the money it's got wisely... But let's not go down that road or I'll be here all night :lol:

So are ukip good?

I dont need to hear how bad the others are

I looked up what blairs been up to since leaving num10 it made me wonder what he did to earm those opportunities in china. 

Edited by RCbutcher

Ummmm hitler was a huge liar! Do you really think the "final solution" was made public?

Here's one for you......the allies sent reconnaissance planes over Poland and took aural photography of the concentration camps, Churchill and other world leader KNEW what the Germans were doing yet it's said they chose not to believe or accept it at the time.....I mean what do you do with millions of starving ppl on the verge of death? The logistics and money involved to cope was HUGE.....anyways lol

America may be defined as a "super power" but just look at the reports of their world debt and in particular their debt to china......trillions and millions in interest yet they keep on borrowing! Why/how? Look at EVERY electrical item and piece of technology we in the "Modern civilised world" and where it's made and by whom! Pmsl

Politics is the art of bull**** and kissing arse....they have no backbone! Anybody remember the "weapons of mass destruction" saddam was supposedly reported to have amassed? After "we" invaded Iraq and killed thousands tony Blair gave a press speech where he said "we got it wrong" no weapons were ever found! Then he pretty much resigned awhile after....coincidence? Why was he and his party and all those involved (bush) held on war crimes??

They all have agendas and hidden agendas.....they use the press as smoke screens lol

Here's another rather interesting FACT....whilst the uk and USA were at war with afghan the Chinese spent millions on building trade ports and opening up ancient trading routes in the afghan/Chinese mountains.

"Are ukip ok?" Nope they have an agenda and as all the other political parties do but only difference is ukip are new and the "old guard" as it were, have been bullsh1iting the public for many many years and those in real power won't and don't give it up freely! Hence the coalition government we have now in power. Instead of going to a revote and potentially losing power they come up with an ancient bullcrap clause in their rules where by 2 parties can co-rule.

Why a new party like ukip on the scene? Cos ppl are tiered of labor and conservatives and seem to think, ignorantly, that a new party will make a real change.

Rant over pmsl

UKip - haven't exactly being following them but as far as I see they are a one policy party - they would take us out of the EU and then what? would you trust them with education, defence, healthcare, crime, economics, environment, civil liberties etc. etc. Oh . . . sorry think they also have a policy on immigration! that's two.

On the question of leaving the EU, they see it in one dimension: saving money for the UK and stopping immigration. No body wants to talk about the fact that the UK is a very, very tiny island that has been punching above its weight for a long time. The world is changing with new more substantial countries taking more important roles, think China, think Russia, the more westernised parts of the Middle East. The e UK's voice will become less significant in years to come unless we are allied with the rest of Europe to give us more influence.

I wont go on about other aspects of politics other than to say that for some time now I have been thinking that 'Party' politics is the problem. We should have a different process of election whereby no one is allowed to vote until they have read and understood the policies and implications of them (instead of the bill boards slogans). I don't really mind which way people vote, but I find it annoying when people vote because of superficial reasons - when I was about 15/16 I and too young to vote I recall a supposedly educated 19years old student who decided they would vote for Tony Blair just because he played guitar with Noel!

Manifestos should be kept simple enough for people on the street to understand - i.e. we are going to slash working tax credit and that means  . . . . . .  then let people vote on the reality of the policy, not the spin, slogan or personality etc.  

• Like 1

How much money does england owe to whoever it is we borrow from? I heard we borrow from one hand then give it away free to another hand. 

What is the whole bill for giving money aid to other countries.

India shown is how much they need our money with the trip to mars how the hell did that happen i know theyve had a space programme for years but that just makes it even easier to say why does england give them money not loans.

Pakistan gets the most money aid but only 1% of its people pay tax. If they taxed thecrest they wouldnt need

If the eurozone split into the western euro then it might be good but now the whole eu is sinking isnt it. Uk france and germany just keep paying to keep the others above water. 

I would rather stay in the eurozone but i dont think its all important to our survival we will always be in the un and have ties with america and russia.

I doubt we would live in fear if we left the eu norway and whoever left and theyve done very well they still have access to the eu trade too. Theres defintly a better deal from the eu than what we have now. 

We should have a different process of election whereby no one is allowed to vote until they have read and understood the policies and implications of them (instead of the bill boards slogans).

Probably a good idea, along with an entry exam for the internet.

Anyone who has quoted from a red top should also be excluded from voting. Or shot.

We won't/don't give anything away for free, I guarantee we offset some debt or inherit something! That's down to the politicians to broker a good deal with foreign politicians.

Back in the 70's/80's the USA "sold" off a lot of its gold reserves in Fort Knox but funnily enough the market was very good then once sold it dived, they brought some back lower then they sold!

If you have world power and influence you ca an ululated the markets for your own gains!

I'm sure we've all heard of the G20 meetings??

Some countries don't "play" by our rules, countries like china, Middle East countries ect, hence why China is a modern day dictatorship and closes their doors and why their economy is booming as is many oil rich countries, lol.

It's all about trade or money/power.

Saddam Hussein had amassed the 2nd biggest army in the world back in the 80's/90's and we and America got itchy bums over his policies and the threat plus the HUGE amounts of oil the USA consumes, saddam thought he had the monopoly with his oil reserves until we and USA and other countries sourced it elsewhere (Russia for example).

Remember all the petrol crisis's we've had? All bullcrap to raise prices as we have and had our own reserves but when they say it's run out everyone panick buys and price goes up. Manipulate the markets lol

We are no longer as great as we was (even that was forced by war) due to our own industries collapsing (coal and other minerals, engineering ect), if we have nothing to offer or sell then we become a small time player in the big picture. Unfortunately we've not evolved quick enough with the modern world so now we fight over the scraps.

I'm sure most politicians enter politics with good intentions and ideals but then see the **** we've got ourselves in and "how things are done" then they change or remain a back bencher.

It's a big game of cat and mouse and borrow from Peter to pay Paul haha

I'm sure we've all played the board game "monopoly" feels good when own property and someone owes you money doesn't it? Pmsl

United Kingdom Independence Party,,the word,Independence sounds good but will never happen whilst we are in the common market,Bring back Oliver Cromwell...

What gets me is, 

These guys all lie, we all know it..so why do we still follow along like sheep n vote? 

and then when someone comes along and speaks what we are thinking in our head ...its all outrage, even though they are idiots the EDL are a perfect example of that. (they didnt do themselves any favours and thats another topic of conversation)

it does make you wonder and how we as a society have become such sheep following blindly to slaughter, it makes the whole tin foil hat conspiracy of brain washing seem to be honest...feasible.

Issue with UKIP is, its a fine line between independence and isolation, markets would go down the pooper in europe, that would effect asian trade its just one big knock on effect and everything in this day n age is catch 22 and then some.

the only way REAL change will ever happen is sadly through extremes, be it a zombie apocalypse, V for vendettas style of utopia and anarchy uprising etc etc 

EDL started as a well intentioned group but was sadly joined by a bunch of racist baffoons who can't string together a sentence that's why the leader tommy quit.

As for a collapse in trade with Europe it wouldn't happen,the free trade agreement would see to that.could you seriously see Europe shutting the door and not trading with us,you only have to look at the GDP to get an idea of how much we actually import.