• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

No one wants to play.

bashman

Just because it is a bit cold at the moment, no one is bashing anywhere. I'm trying to get out later on but i know i'll be on my own.

Anyone in the Dartford / SE London area fancy meeting up?

try living up north i haven't been out for 2 month now everyone has given up round me with the scale trucks so now looking into a different type off rc i can do like touring cars. I even looked into drifting at my local track but from vids i watched off the new drift track it was just 10 people crashing into each other a lot

Ha Ha. Like the thought of drifting but nowhere to do it really around here. I want to buy a bit of land and start my own off road track.

No chance though. The local council hates anything fun, and even though there are acres of wasteland just being used for dogs to **** on.

• Like 1

Unfortunately winter can be a basher's nightmare, especially during the week! I finished work early the other day so thought id pop home and prep for a quick bash, but it was too dark by 4:20 in the afternoon! :(

Good point. No good having all these new people if no jobs for them.

An r/c track wouldn't provide jobs, but its negetive attitude that really annoys me.

Its always going to be a non starter because the council and other greedy money driven bodies can see no proffit opportunity.

Im off out today with my losi 5ive, couple of mates and there bajas, its all i need to get my rc fix, dont need loads of people as long as theres 2/3 willing to get out, its still good fun, people are to soft nowadays, ohh its to cold, SHUT UP and grow some.

Good point. No good having all these new people if no jobs for them.

An r/c track wouldn't provide jobs, but its negetive attitude that really annoys me.

Its always going to be a non starter because the council and other greedy money driven bodies can see no proffit opportunity.

plenty off farmers near me i know would be happy to give up a corner off a feild for a track but not enough people round here to make it worth doing

Just because it is a bit cold at the moment, no one is bashing anywhere. I'm trying to get out later on but i know i'll be on my own.

Anyone in the Dartford / SE London area fancy meeting up?

Do a search for 'surry rc bashers/racers' on facebook - i know quite a few that are out most weekends, and i believe a load are heading to nitroheaven today which isn't too far from you.

Unfortunately winter can be a basher's nightmare, especially during the week! I finished work early the other day so thought id pop home and prep for a quick bash, but it was too dark by 4:20 in the afternoon! :(

There's a meet going on in Denham today, basically gassers, but anyone's welcome.

try living up north i haven't been out for 2 month now everyone has given up round me with the scale trucks so now looking into a different type off rc i can do like touring cars. I even looked into drifting at my local track but from vids i watched off the new drift track it was just 10 people crashing into each other a lot

Where up north? Join halifax track!

Agreed mate, ive not been out with mine for a few months now due to work and dark nights.

I got as far as running in the new engine but havent been able to tune it properly so just changed out the diff oils and cleaning oiled and put her on the shelf.

Might get it out at somepoint in the winter but without a proper tune its not going to be much fun

Seems to be a reoccurring thing this year, I've been too busy to meet up with the guys around here, I always have something in my works van in case I am close to something during my lunch breaks but chance is a fine thing.

Been running the Vaterra on road tyres at work ( helps that it's waterproof!) and had a rally car session yesterday. Had the Hyper 7 rally tearing around on the leaves and wet grass. Going to be a while before it's clean again!

Ran the Kemora off-road for the first time. Grass was too long and clingy, and there were a lot of fallen leaves around...so that struggled. There is a dirt road along the edge of the park, so I used that instead.

I took the Hyper out to test the onroad wheels I had bought...but that didn't last long....I put the offroad wheels back on and got her sideways :)

The new 'running out the back' exhaust looks cool, and the remote glowstart rig was almost OK...it's just really hard to disconnect whilst keeping one had on the throttle.....Need a more rigid fix so I can push against it with one hand without it moving.

Both cars filthy... lots of fun

• Like 1

I just get the scale truck out and go for a walk. It's lucky that I work shifts, so today is fiddle with the scaler and might get the old clod stick crawler out as it's not been used for a while. The Glamis is almost back together, but will leave that to the weekend to play with.  I used to race, but it took up so much time if I went regularly, that I gave it up.It wasn't  fun any more. Only me and my nephew seem to be into scale or crawling round here.

• Like 1

My last resort at this time of year is a very uneven pebble beach near me.  Its never muddy and  won't get puddles in the hardest rain.

It's so wild, I can get all 4 wheels of my Wraith off the ground.  Can be a bit windy though on the south coast.

I'm pobably further up North than all of you lol.

I don't mind running mine in the winter, povided they're water proof.

When my cover arrives for my air filter and I can be bothered to water proof the servos, I'll be out come rain, hail or shine.

How far north?

Carnforth, thankfully their is a couple of lads round here.

I know a few from Scotland which is way Norther than me, but they all meet up together, so wasn't counting them :tease:

I shall look up this place you call "Carnforth". Post haste.