• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Baja won't start now....

HYPER-BOY

Took the Baja out today, choke open, pull pull fire.  Choke closed pull pull started, ran for 10 mins, going great.. Running on wet grass but the car itself wasn't soaking really.  Then Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cut out.  Tried to start it since and nothing..  Took off the spark plug and seems a decent spark, tried another plug and nothing.  So took the kill switch off the main power cut switch and nothing.

Could it be that the carb is set too rich, fouling the plug?  I've had the carb apart and all looks ok, still can't get it to fire!

Had the whole thing apart but noooo good.

I'm annoyed and feeling down about it.  Only had it a day :(

Any help?

I've set the carb to 2 turns out hsn and 1.5 lsn, no fire. I've cleaned the plug too, does look a little fouled. Seems there's a fuel issue cus I pull about 15 times, take plug out turn upside down and pull the starter and nothing comes out.. Any other ideas?

Take the spark plug out, tip up side down, pull the pull start 10 times, the put the spark plug

back in, reset the H/L needles and then reprime and it should be fine.

Gav

Hi mate I have done exactly what you said and still no good.. Maybe a blockage in the carb?

Ok, take the carb out. Open the butterfly and blow with your mouth and see if any crud is in there, the blow in to the

in and out pipe for the fuel.

The only other thing i can think of is the rubbish fuel mixture, maybe be worth making a new mix.

What mix do you have ?

Gav

Ok, take the carb out. Open the butterfly and blow with your mouth and see if any crud is in there, the blow in to the

in and out pipe for the fuel.

The only other thing i can think of is the rubbish fuel mixture, maybe be worth making a new mix.

What mix do you have ?

Gav

I'll try that tomorrow, was thinking it may be the mix, if it was too much oil in there would that stop it firing? - I will take all the fuel, flush and try a new 25/1 mix.  I didn't fuel it mate, it had a full tank when I picked it up!

Took the Baja out today, choke open, pull pull fire.  Choke closed pull pull started, ran for 10 mins, going great.. Running on wet grass but the car itself wasn't soaking really.  Then Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cut out.  Tried to start it since and nothing..  Took off the spark plug and seems a decent spark, tried another plug and nothing.  So took the kill switch off the main power cut switch and nothing.

Could it be that the carb is set too rich, fouling the plug?  I've had the carb apart and all looks ok, still can't get it to fire!

Had the whole thing apart but noooo good.

I'm annoyed and feeling down about it.  Only had it a day :(

Any help?

If have got the car soaking wet, it could be a blocked carb

Just found this on good old Google.. - 'well been trying again with no luck , but i did notice a lot of fuel leaking out from the velocity stack , when i took the air filter off it was soaked in petrol sad.gif'

Fitted a new and it fired straight up..

Maybe new carb then??