• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us Yer quad!

samshirley001

Thanks

if you look a Boarevo's second image, APM board

notice that bright orange light well just below that is a silver

rectangle like box. it looks more like a crystal ossilator with a hole /two holes

in it. 

this is the baro, its a very small electronic version of what gandad used to have hanging on his wall

the dial had sunny / rain / cloud and the liquid would rise and fall according to weather.

this is atmosperic pressure, the air pushing down on us from gravity. now this pressure changes

the lower to the center of earth we get the more pressure pushes down on us.

now inside you little silver can is a diaphram like thing, as the air pushes down it makes the reading via electric pulses and stuffz.

so we set this baro so when its at sea level it reads 0. remeber pressure is always changing so this number may go up and down

because we measure in very fine detail very small changes.

now our foam comes in here, so if we blow in the baro it will go crazy wild -7000 to +20,000, and if our propwash is blowing

our baro is going to be going looney like if we blew on it. so we can cover it with foam that will help disperse all that breeze

and help the baro read those fine measurements but not also read the external errors from the propwash.

in the summer time we have high pressure and in the winter we have low pressure, so atmosperic pressure is also affected by heat from the sun

so our foam will also help a little to blocking out any sunlight that may just enter the baro and make it a tad warmer and change the pressure it reads.

this is how the baro measures hight/ altitude, we can tell how high something is by the atmospheric pressure. 

• Like 1

here i am showing you the quad. 

well the quad showing you me flying the thing lol, the naza does work and fly well.

i need to sort out the camera vibration as its not very nice, but you get the rough idea of my

view when fitted fully out for FPV . 
Its a short flight 3 mins, a full charged 11.1v 3s , and the quad first cuttoff is set to 11.5v 

duck n land is set to 11.1v. she strains on 8 inch props, i really do need to upgrade to 10 inch

will give me more lift for less rpm, and a few extra amps used.

Glad to see you got her airborn tamiya , once ironed out and setup they allmost fly by themselves youll find !!! i have my dji m lite quad set up for fpv , its all ready and i have everything right down to the goggles and control screen but like you i am waiting on props from hobbyking to arrive. ill be putting 11x5 e graupner style props so that would be like 10x5 normal props ......8 inch props are going to struggle as you are finding out.....

On a side note concerning the hexacopter with the apm 2.5 i opted to disable the onboard compass as i was getting too much of a magnetic field from my power board  so i got an external compas on a mast like the gps ..............this thing is better than my naza !!!!!!!! it holds rock solid and rth is so precice !!! as precice as the naza but with the apm i get waypoints and many more features than the naza !!!!

see that nasty wobble, well its gone, i uploaded a new video hd quality 720p

heres a better flight, prop slip if you notice it, when i get up in the breeze/wind,

the 8 inch props are struggling to carry the 1.1kg bird. so i will upgrade to 10x4.7s

i need bigger cells so thinking a 3s @ 4000-5000mah and the bigger props, 

but im getting close to the esc's 20a limit with 11 inch i can pull 17amps.

so i may even have to grab stronger esc's , anyways heres the movie, enjoy 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Heres a couple of vids from yesterday just putting the new apm 2.5 through a bit of testing

Setup

f550 Hexa frame

6x sunnysky 2212-13 980kv

6x hobbwing 18amp esc

10x5 e prop style props

hobbyking Apm 2.5 flight controler with external compass and neo 6m ublox gps module

5000mah 3s zippy 30c lipo

position hold in the wind lol

RTH , it seemed to be 1.5 meters out on landing , i think the wind is to blame as ive had much better rth

general flight and pos hold ....did a couple of punch outs so you can see theres plenty of get up and go on this config

all in all and ive not finished testing , i am more than pleased !!!! a very nice flight controler that has a very high potential

Edited by baorevo

having a day off means getting things done when its too hot to go out !!!

I had some Tarot carbon fiber retracts to fit well i got them done on the f555

Edited by baorevo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

DJI Phantom 2

Only the base model but with a few mods :)

I have painted the "front" prop guards black so they can be seen better from a distance,also has wider landing gear making it a bit more stable on landing.

9ab44c346860530.jpg

Gopro is mounted underneath on a fixed mount,for now.

I will get a full blown gimble at some point.

1f3e85346860975.jpg

Also has a 5.8ghz transmitter that sends video showing what the Gopro is seeing.

There is also a iOSD Mini inside the Phantom that overlays flight information into the output from the Gopro such as height,distance,speed etc before sending it to to the transmitter.

191738346861469.jpg

A simple DIY 300/330 size Simple Vee inspired Quad from me, 4 off 1700kv motors, 2 cell lipo, basic kkboard from before some were born ;) well, at least from 3 years ago lol

IMG_20140823_234942.jpg

2200Mah batteries give ~6 minute flight time

well heres mine, recently finished though already been through 2 sets of landing gear from the spare frame i bought, really need a better solution than the crappy stock feet.

fOA4HwE.jpg

zzqqimX.jpg

Its due for a rebuild already anyway as i'm not happy with the wiring and battery placement, I rushed it just to get it in the air.

The garden is a bit small for the 450's I've got, so I made a 250mm quad today, flies pretty good, 2s lipo gives about 10mins. Loving it so far, it's already took a few tumbles and is still ok. Weight is ~350g all in. It's just the tonic to step it up from my hubsan x4 - need some led's next ;)

IMG_20140824_185511.jpg

A simple DIY 300/330 size Simple Vee inspired Quad from me, 4 off 1700kv motors, 2 cell lipo, basic kkboard from before some were born ;) well, at least from 3 years ago lol

IMG_20140823_234942.jpg

2200Mah batteries give ~6 minute flight time

No disrespect Steve but I PMSL when i saw that...jeeze,that fly's!!!!???

• Like 1