• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The life of a Stampede 4X4

mydoddy69

Are they the losi shocks? Is it two pairs of front shocks all round for the slash?

Or can you put buggy rear shocks on the rear of the slash?

I did have some on a 2wd but I didn't prep them and just bolted them on no issue but now wonder if the seller modded them or anything.

97mm I think is what I'm looking for.

I will be sure to keep the mips lubed up. The grease you received looked red but my grease is green.

Could I have the newer ones with better grub screws?

They are very nice cvds unless caked with rust like afew sets I've seen in pics. I wish they was stainless.

Hexs. Do I have to use the mip 17mm ones they sound good but I would rather a buggy style with large nut. The hot racing ones mayb with offset.

Hows the shock?

And excuse my ignorance but this is effectively a slash?

The shock is fine  :thumbsup:

Did you just start swearing at me !! slash indeed how dare you  :tease:

To answer your question tho the Stampede shares the same front and rear end just a different set of wheels, shell and chassis compared to the old slash 4x4 but the new lcg chassis slash is quite different but does still share some parts.. 

Are they the losi shocks? Is it two pairs of front shocks all round for the slash?

Or can you put buggy rear shocks on the rear of the slash?

I did have some on a 2wd but I didn't prep them and just bolted them on no issue but now wonder if the seller modded them or anything.

97mm I think is what I'm looking for.

I will be sure to keep the mips lubed up. The grease you received looked red but my grease is green.

Could I have the newer ones with better grub screws?

They are very nice cvds unless caked with rust like afew sets I've seen in pics. I wish they was stainless.

Hexs. Do I have to use the mip 17mm ones they sound good but I would rather a buggy style with large nut. The hot racing ones mayb with offset.

I use vorza shocks which are 97mm long front and rear 

no idea what ones you ordered so couldn't say if they will come with the newer grub screws or not but as long as there the new keyed version i don't see why not .. As for 17mm hexs i think your stuck using MIP ones .. 

As you can see in the pics my shafts are not rusty just look after them and they should be fine i have never had any trouble with mine at all and love the extra weight they add  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Stock shocks do feel better than I thought full saddled. But there not chunky alloy shocks lol.

Mayb making the shock piston holes a little bigger would soften them up with oil and springs too.

The slash I has was very smooth but Idk if noj modified them for his own slash back then.

I'm planning on keeping all stock parts I take off mate. So I can either use as spares , possibly use to rebuild another rc or if I did sell it I could put it stock and not lose so much lol.

I do have a new set of xo1 shocks I no longer care for tho. Paid 25 will take 20 posted. I was going to pay the

Stock shocks do feel better than I thought full saddled. But there not chunky alloy shocks lol.

Mayb making the shock piston holes a little bigger would soften them up with oil and springs too.

The slash I has was very smooth but Idk if noj modified them for his own slash back then.

I'm planning on keeping all stock parts I take off mate. So I can either use as spares , possibly use to rebuild another rc or if I did sell it I could put it stock and not lose so much lol.

I do have a new set of xo1 shocks I no longer care for tho. Paid 25 will take 20 posted. I was going to pay the

Ok cleaning my stampede up for an overdue bashing.

Just done the shocks and checked the hexs and chucked a lipo in to test all sounds as it should.

When i spin up the wheels whilst its off the ground my left front wheel is taking longer to spin up at the speed of the other wheels and im not convinced it even reaches the same rotation speed.

If i spin the wheel by hand it runs freely and doesnt spin the other wheel opposite?

Is it likely to be a diff problem or?

Sounds like it's lost drive, possibly lost a grub screw?

Yep.

Can see the tracking and it is moving but slowly :)

Not 100% certain it is in the UK yet either,it is a bit confusing cause it goes from DHL to Parcelforce once it gets to the UK.

Fingers crossed for you it will be here next week then the you can let the onslaught begin !

Out the box these are a tad feeble on the driveshaft side so I'd recommend you loosen up the slipper a little add some alloy shock caps and go from there .. Oh and get yourself some shoe goo and tape for the body as they don't last long !

Fingers crossed for you it will be here next week then the you can let the onslaught begin !

Out the box these are a tad feeble on the driveshaft side so I'd recommend you loosen up the slipper a little add some alloy shock caps and go from there .. Oh and get yourself some shoe goo and tape for the body as they don't last long !

Got some Traxxas alloy shock caps and Tekno rear drive shafts on the way from Amain

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/tekno-rc-m6-driveshaft-hub-carrier-set-rear-6mm-tkr6852x/p174496

Could be a bearing, could be the diff could be something binding best thing to do is give it a proper strip and clean

Sounds like it's lost drive, possibly lost a grub screw?

Thanks for advice peeps.

Stripped front end and it was the diff fluid that was very low and used, replaced with new and now all seems good again.

No screws or anything missing thankfully, one bearing was turning fine but tight to get off and clean up.

All up and running again now and time to take her out again very soon, need a new shell as well because mine is the original and very shall we say `used` lol