• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Trenchers or Big Joes ?

VIRUS PAUL

Both are heavy and you will more than likely need to drop a tooth on the gearing .. Big joes are silly big trenchers X are super wide the old style trenchers are a good size but again are quite heavy .. All are good but personally I think the older style trenchers are best ! .. I just got a set of the shock waves brilliant tires !

If you need the size of each its on the pro line site !

• Like 1

Trencher Xs are huge and immensely heavy, good traction, but you'll need to gear down.

40 series Trenchers are incredibly tall, very heavy, provide good grip, but you'll need to gear down and fit to off-set rims to avoid body rub.

Big Joes are good tyres, smaller than either Trencher, provide good grip and are long lasting on most surfaces. You'll need to gear down a little or stop quite often for cooling off.

All will need belting, 3 turns of duct tape on the tyre, two turns on the foams is my preferred option.

• Like 1

Trencher Xs are huge and immensely heavy, good traction, but you'll need to gear down.

40 series Trenchers are incredibly tall, very heavy, provide good grip, but you'll need to gear down and fit to off-set rims to avoid body rub.

Big Joes are good tyres, smaller than either Trencher, provide good grip and are long lasting on most surfaces. You'll need to gear down a little or stop quite often for cooling off.

All will need belting, 3 turns of duct tape on the tyre, two turns on the foams is my preferred option.

When you say gear down or stop often to cool down is that on a nitro model or flux ?

When you say gear down or stop often to cool down is that on a nitro model or flux ?

Probably both, but I only have limited experience with nitro. For leccy, using Trencher Xs, you'll probably need to drop 2 or 3 teeth, but that's only an educated guess based on their size and weight. I have sets of all three tyres listed, but haven't used them in a while and can't remember what gearing I used.

Proline big joe 2 are coming out soon and another set that look ace ide wait until they come on the market then choose.

Both tires are heavy tho and in medium grass will bog right down. I went with badlands to hopefully not suffer that like I did with the traxxas maxx tires. So far the badlands have sliced through all grass ive took them through.

But if I ran mainly on road or gravel ide have chosen the trenchers.