• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Where to buy RC Car?

ams_Sxi

Looking for a new RC Car, seen a few at modelzone since there stores are closing down. 

Either EB4 or MTA4 

Don't think they are really that cheap as modelsport are the same price.

Where is a good, cheap place to get a Nitro RC Car?

well prices will always be around the same mark although you can sometimes get them cheaper on ebay and places like that but the problem with that is sometimes the customer service isnt as good so if you need help they wont where as modelsport and other places like that will help because they know if they help chances are you will come back. 

Is it your first nitro? I've had the hpi firestorm 10t many of times, so robust and parts are easy to get, can be found fairly cheap second hand, just buy carefully if it's second hand

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

As long as you know what you're looking for & the seller has excellent feedback, then ebay is a great place.

There is always plenty of good after sales advice on here should you need any.

Is it your first nitro? I've had the hpi firestorm 10t many of times, so robust and parts are easy to get, can be found fairly cheap second hand, just buy carefully if it's second hand

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Yep will be first nitro, so i have no idea what i am looking for.

That's why i thought buying brand new would be better?

Edited by ams_Sxi

Yep will be first nitro, so i have no idea what i am looking for.

That's why i thought buying brand new would be better?

Couple of things I'd consider.. If it is a new buy then the engine will be new too so will need a running in period... Easily done if you are patient and like to follow instructions fully..bit of a bind but is a must...! Also go fairly mainstream with new cos no doubt the odd kerbing might cause some parts to be needed which may be hard/expensive to get if the model is lesser known..

If buying used do some research for the model you're looking at..not everyone is 100% honest... Used might entail a tired motor or hidden damage someone just wants to pass on.. so get it in your hands and have a good look at it unless you know the seller to be a top geezer of course...

Hope this helps...

Me too. Never had half the problems with mine that Marcus seems to have so I guess the odd duffer comes off the production line once in a while.

I'd definitely shell out the extra for the s50 over the s28 tho. The stronger tranny and diff internals are worth the extra money IMO, ignoring the bigger engine!