• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wet car setups

EpicLURcher

No offence, but all of this recent lame weather is enough to convert any hardy outdoor racer to indoor carpet racing, surely?.... LOL.

No boost OR cooling fan required.... just a 60mph gust of wind FTW???? :D

Joking aside, I have raced at Aldershot in the winter one year.

0 degrees all day, brrrrr! Oh and one corner closest to the podium covered in ice.

For those of you into memes... As futurama fry would probably say in the situation....

Not sure if drift setup, or race setup :D

Ordered some lazy goo!

Next up i want to protect beraings, Could i paint some goo onto them?

I would of stuck with corrosion x myself, with that your just covering gaps! miss one and bye bye esc lol

but to answer your question yes you can use it on anything to prevent corrosion.

Turns out it's not as good as people say it is. P*ssed it down in the finals today - 3 laps in the car starts cogging, stopping and starting by itself so ended up retiring.

Looks like I'm going to have to set a proper wet car up with a plastic tub. 

Just taken Chassis out to dry it off completely - the front belt was twisted and was touching the pinion... Wonder if that was the cause of my problems - maybe corrosion x wasn't to blame..

That'll show me for running my belts too loose.

Just taken Chassis out to dry it off completely - the front belt was twisted and was touching the pinion... Wonder if that was the cause of my problems - maybe corrosion x wasn't to blame..

That'll show me for running my belts too loose.

and if i do remember rightly from my serpent 411, there are no belt stabilisers on the car at all are there? not even one on the top deck

yeah certainly worth doing, especially if you are running mod motor on a loose belt

although running mod the belt shouldnt be too loose anyway, just a little bit of bounce but not too taught, same with 13.5t boosted 

blinky you can get away with a looser belt though.

some guys have 1 on the top deck then 2 or 3 on the bottom! look at some of haras chassis for example 

bonez would i be able to dip a box into corrosion x to make it waterproof the holes (obviuosly ill stop it going through the holes)

i wouldn't just because its a liquid state all the time so you will get it all over your hands every time you touch it.

if your going to use a box just use that and silicone the holes up :D