• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Poss interesting looking bash site in Surrey/Hampshire

Smithy111

Been looking on google maps a bit and found something that might be possible as an additional bash site?

google maps co-ordinates: 51.247659, -0.785642

parking would be: 51.251638,-0.792397

Anyone live near could check it out or have local knowledge of this area?

Edited by Smithy111

As it happens,we checked it out about a month ago :),just didnt have any savvys with us :(. its used as the car park for the pirbright rally.Mostly sand with a little dirt,similar to eelmoor plain road.Theres a 25/30 ft dirt/sand ramp with enough room on the other side to be able to get a really good run up and fire the trucks off the top,may just have to dig a little kicker on the top of it ,should be some epic air ! . Racing could be quite cool there as well,when your stood on top of the ramp you have a pretty good field of vision. Dont know what the locals are like,the only people we saw appeared to be nepalese,guessing the gurkas are based there somewhere ? . Not sure about the parking,we parked on the other side of the common (alexandra road) and walked in from there. Im gutted my trucks are ill ,bet its like the beach there at the mo :)

The area you are looking at is 5 miniutes down the road from me. I Have some photos of a spot I scoped out a little further down the way. I will post them up when i get a minute. 

Acctually I have photos of this EXACT SPOT! This is the place I took the girlfriend to when I was looking for possible bash spots.

gallery_28994_2884_830541.jpg

gallery_28994_2884_102304.jpg

gallery_28994_2884_559992.jpg

gallery_28994_2884_1099821.jpg

gallery_28994_2884_363453.jpg

gallery_28994_2884_445839.jpg

gallery_28994_2884_933406.jpg

gallery_28994_2884_113655.jpg

Edited by APHEXTWIN

Where is this???

Looks like a great spot to bash

If any of you going there let me know I will join you guys

Do you know where the Tesco store is in Aldershot? Well it is a short drive from there, towards fleet. The area is refered to as ceasers camp I believe.

If any of now the right post code as I only find the tesco one them there is a roundabout if there is near by to park the car

There are a few spots to park nearby. As you follow that road away from tesco there are a few soots on the left you can pull into. I will have a scout this week for some parking spots close to the area we want to hit up. Looling at the map there is a road going behind the structure close to the rounzd about. This would be the best place to park as it is closest to where we wanna be.

There are some good spots around this area, I'm always spotting good bashing spots when I'm up there on the bike, trouble can be trying to find somewhere to park close by.

p.s The title says Surrey, you might want to change it to Hampshire :thumbsup:

Looks like a great place to run 5th scale!

Is it quiet?

Plenty of space for the baja. Not incredibly quiet tho. Usually a few walkers/runners about. If the weather's good it obviously attracts more visitors.

Just checked and there's an army barracks close by

You sure we aren't gonna have problems with them ?

Shouldn't be bud. You can go on the land freely and unchallenged. Just be aware it is MOD land so don't touch anything that could be live ordnance.

Shouldn't be bud. You can go on the land freely and unchallenged. Just be aware it is MOD land so don't touch anything that could be live ordnance.

I hope that is the case but FYI I recently spoke to someone who manages MOD land in this area for events etc. and strictly speaking, unless you have paid for a permit, have public liability insurance etc. all you are allowed to do is 'roam' on the land i.e. walk across it and certainly nothing that would affect the MOD in their use of the land. He even said to me that people are not allowed to ride bikes!

Tbh I think if you are not making fires, excavating huge holes, organising weird occult meetings etc. on the land you are probably okay. But 'building' anything much wrt. corners, jumps etc. or having lots of people in one spot might be an issue. I guess we suck it and see?

But I'm up for trying a bash here - Sundays are best for me, 11:00ish?

• 1 month later...

Did anyone go up here in the end?

I live in Fleet and practically all the land around here is owned by the MOD!

Ive been going here - 51.236355, -0.814108

There isnt much parking, enough for 5/6 cars at best and there is a brutal drop off of the main road, a huge pothole has formed as you drop off the tarmac onto the dirt.

If you;re local its oppsite the Shell Garage at Upper Hale, next to the traffic light junciton for Folly Hill.

Same rules apply as above though. Its MOD land and if they turn up, they have right of way.

• 2 weeks later...

The spot i posted has off road parking, and is on a main road and directly opposite a fuel station. Mine has been fine there a few times now. Doubt anyone would touch it. Most of the local residents would soon know if someone got to close to mine up there anyhow!

My only struggle is getting off the road onto the carpark, too damn low!

• 1 month later...

I know the shell garage and have seen the land opposite and always thought about trying it there. May have to when we get a dry weekend.

Edited by dinkz