• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best beginner nitro RC

RcWave17

I'm a beginner to the RC community. I've only ever owned a 1/16 scale electric RC and I'm looking to get into nitro.

I've been looking specifically at two models: the thundertiger tomahawk st and the hpi bullet st 3.0

Both cars look great, but the thundertiger is

Edited by RcWave17
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome to the world of rc :)

My first nitro was a hyper 7

So I will highly recommend getting one of those

Parts are cheap and readily available

And they are just great to start off with :) almost everyone has one ;) very reliable and durable :)

Others will agree the majority of newbies go for hyper 7's

But there are other options I cant comment on thos as I have only got experience with the hyper

And now my lovely losi 8ight eu :)

dont we all prefer truggies :P, looking to get one myself in the future :P, just a tad expensive for what i want :P they look very nice indeed, but buggies are more than capable of perfomring off-road on different terrains :P mine was quite fast indeed, like 30-40 i reckon... very durable, i smahed into a kerb at full throttle one time, only thing neded to replace which a rear left driveshaft, costing

+1 on the hyper 7, it was my first serious venture into nitro, and it's been awesome, again as the guys say, parts are cheap and easily Availible, tuning is easy, and it's a forgivable durable car......

Another +1 for the hyper 7. It's my first nitro and having great fun with it.

For a first nitro there reasonably easy to work on and every man and his dog has one! BUT that means there are plenty of people to help, should you encounter any problems.

I also had a head on with a kerb and only bent the driveshaft-

Just another point, my 2nd hand very well used hyper, performs better then the brand new rtr kyosho buggy in every way, after 1 bash with the kyosho i had weeping blisters on my hands and blood from pulling the pull start

One bash with the hyper all i have is more mud to clean outta it, it never stops

Sold the kyosho, keeping the hyper

Only go 2nd hand if your getting it from this forum, or know the seller, you never really know how hard or badly a machine has been thrashed, and generally the people here respect the cars and maintain them well enough

My gallery shows how mine looks after a few parts were added and she almost looks new again

New is good because it teaches you the break in procedure

• Like 1

Only go 2nd hand if your getting it from this forum, or know the seller, you never really know how hard or badly a machine has been thrashed, and generally the people here respect the cars and maintain them well enough

My gallery shows how mine looks after a few parts were added and she almost looks new again

New is good because it teaches you the break in procedure

second that people on here respect enjoy and take pride in their cars :)

I got a new hyper 7 .21 3 port, spider diffs front, centre, rear, uber amount of spares, came with 'spare' nova rossi engines, exhausts, servos, tyres to name a few, keep an eye on the sales section, some good stuff too be had for decent money on here.....