• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Centurion mini brushless catamaran

stebro

early mornings just before dawn break and the suns just popping its head out. 

head to a sheltered pond, trees around is better theres alway one little area thats mill pool flat.

mirrored flat. thats the best place to do a fast run, in fast, turn the out fast but quick enough to outrun 

the waves your created on way in.

gotta be a real early bird if you want the mill pool still water.

cant wait to get my mudskipper jet boat running on millpool water, have the perfect spot  down here.

• Like 1

Right need to know what you guys use to prevent some of the water getting in. Took it to the lake today just to test it. ( well that was plan just to go easy ) Anyway after about 2 min i started to have issue with it not respo ding but carried on for furthet few min till it hardly worked at all. I thought it was tx issues at first hence why i carried on as i have a bad aerial on it but when i pulled it out it weighed a lot more than it startwd out. I took lid off and i could see before i even took tape of clear cover that it was holding a hell of a lot of water. So i now think my issues whete caused due to the water ingress. What do you guys use as i found the tape they supply poor

Right need to know what you guys use to prevent some of the water getting in. Took it to the lake today just to test it. ( well that was plan just to go easy ) Anyway after about 2 min i started to have issue with it not respo ding but carried on for furthet few min till it hardly worked at all. I thought it was tx issues at first hence why i carried on as i have a bad aerial on it but when i pulled it out it weighed a lot more than it startwd out. I took lid off and i could see before i even took tape of clear cover that it was holding a hell of a lot of water. So i now think my issues whete caused due to the water ingress. What do you guys use as i found the tape they supply poor

how are you taping it up mate, I always found that taping the hatch itself down from the outside proved most effective at keeping out the water also make sure your stuffing tube has plenty of grease in it as if it's not sufficiently lubed it can act like a screw pump and pull water into the hull on acceleration..

I was thinking of getting something like this so as i put the lid on and fasten it down it would create a seal but not sure if it would work.

Anyone tried it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3m-Black-Single-Sided-Foam-Tape-10mm-Wide-x-3mm-Thick-/280628217793?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item4156bec7c1

I was thinking of getting something like this so as i put the lid on and fasten it down it would create a seal but not sure if it would work.

Anyone tried it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3m-Black-Single-Sided-Foam-Tape-10mm-Wide-x-3mm-Thick-/280628217793?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item4156bec7c1

I tried that fella, didn't work..

I tried that fella, didn't work..

There got to be something better than what they provide. As soon as it gets damp it lifts off

There got to be something better than what they provide. As soon as it gets damp it lifts off

welcome to the wonderful world of model boats, water ingress is pretty much unavoidable all you can do is try yo minimize it. Like I said the best way to tape up is from the outside, I also used a little rubber washer to seal where the brass nut to hold the hatch on seats.. You can use black electrical tape or surgical tape or scotch magic tape as the are all water proof, nothing high tack though as it leaves residue and makes it harder to get a good seal..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by smash

welcome to the wonderful world of model boats, water ingress is pretty much unavoidable all you can do is try yo minimize it. Like I said the best way to tape up is from the outside, I also used a little rubber washer to seal where the brass nut to hold the hatch on seats.. You can use black electrical tape or surgical tape or scotch magic tape as the are all water proof, nothing high tack though as it leaves residue and makes it harder to get a good seal..

Do you not seal the clear screen then?

Do you not seal the clear screen then?

I binned it mate, it was a ball ache to tape up as you have found out ;)

I binned it mate, it was a ball ache to tape up as you have found out ;)

Right with you now.

I got to say i had it out last night on a boat lake and they do shift.

Getting better at fast turns without dunking it  :xd:

Got to get the top bung as it has come out somewhere but may just seal it up

Btw don't seal that bung hole up, do you have any fuel line and m3 bolts? If so drill out the bung hole to 6mm, cut a 1cm length of fuel line and stick an m3 bolt through it.. Presto made to measure bung.

Having a bung is well hand to drain water whilst running a pack without de taping and to drain the hull after use..

Btw don't seal that bung hole up, do you have any fuel line and m3 bolts? If so drill out the bung hole to 6mm, cut a 1cm length of fuel line and stick an m3 bolt through it.. Presto made to measure bung.

Having a bung is well hand to drain water whilst running a pack without de taping and to drain the hull after use..

Its not the lower bung mate i have a hole either side on the top. 1 has the water feed in the other had a bung in

Oh yeah that's the aerial exit point, you can seal that if you aren't using it no probs..

Arr maybe i should stick my aerial out of it and bung it some how. 

How help with loosing control now and again

What have you all used to weight down the front ?

I used a AA battery , not sure if its too much or too little

that's the answer right there mate, shove the pack into the sponson and add a little negative angle to your prop..

heres a little tip : 

pop to your local garage, ask if the have a couple old wheel weights.

use a sharpe pair of snips to trim down the lead lugs and fix them in place with silicone.

no wheelweights ?, see that old reel of soldering you have,

makes for awesome ballast shift weights to.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy