• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Found another cracking bashing spot.

DreXeL

I noticed this place the other day when driving past, it's only a couple of miles away from where I live too, can't believe I haven't seen it before!  So today I threw my Hyper in the car and my son bought his buggy and we went down for a little bash to check it out:

DSC_0082_zps65d73676.jpg

DSC_0084_zps488d20b8.jpg

DSC_0085_zps0cab535a.jpg

DSC_0086_zps14b90676.jpg

DSC_0087_zpse98f8818.jpg

DSC_0088_zpsb8d6edfe.jpg

DSC_0089_zpsc1fbf661.jpg

It's a great little spot, plenty of room for a group of us, nice fun loose dirt surface, a couple of jumps and is basically a large circuit. You can park on the grass bank right next to it so no trecking backwards and forwards with all the kit. Plus it's basically in the middle of nowhere so no being bothered by anybody.

It's located on the A46 between Hawkesbury Upton and Old Sodbury:

Claypitch_zps97648a15.jpg

Here's the google maps link:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=51.55289,-2.327369&spn=0.001579,0.003841&t=h&doflg=ptm&mra=mr&z=19

Edited by DreXeL

I have drive past this many times and thought. "Where the hell can I park to use this?" Cos it does look cracking

As long as you can get up on the curb then pretty much any car can park on the grass bank where my Land Rover is parked in those pics, it's wide enough to be completely off the road at that point, could probably get at least 4 cars in there. I did actually drive down the embankment into the bashing spot and back up and out before I left, but obviously that's not possible unless you're rocking a 4x4 :D

Looks great I wouldn't mind joining you there at some point, I'm about a hour away :)

Of course mate :)

• Like 1

Looking good for the next big one then. Count me in. Lets get some dates up soon.

This is a bit further away for me but I will be there lol.

Hitting the booze Saturday. May be able to a couple of hours in morning IF I end up sorting trophy. Need to bodge the battery holder and sort the binding steering post with some shims or washers. Meeting mate at 2pm to get on the beers as he wants to do a crawl for the people that didn't make his stag do.

Edited by Randum

Is this definitely on, I live in Bristol & have just started getting into the RC brushless world & wouldn't mind trying some bashing & getting some info off the "professionals" :P if I can make it ?

Is this definitely on, I live in Bristol & have just started getting into the RC brushless world & wouldn't mind trying some bashing & getting some info off the "professionals" :P if I can make it ?

100% on

Yeah, the most we would need is a couple of cones if we want to make a different layout.

I Like the video you shared on fb mate, so peacefull. Its weird aswell because my boy was born the day that was uploaded to youtube :)

• 2 weeks later...