• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my not a maverick scout

thesnake505

• 1 year later...

been a long time since i touched this ring in terms of repair/modding it just works for me! however im now in the need for some electrics! the esc is dead which killed on of my lipos!

so what esc should i go for? current set up is a 35x2 brushed drift motor and the stock speedo with two 2s batterys!

now thes motor is fine but the batterys and speedo are cooked so should i think about a brushless set up? or stick with a brished set up?

I would have said a Quicrun 1060 but it's only rated to 3s. I'm running one in each of my Axials, 45t/2s in the SCX10 D90 and 55t/3s in the Wraith. Waterproof too. I wouldn't recommend Brushless unless you go sensored as sensorless combos can be notchy at low speed. 

i should explain the two 2s set up was ran as 2s not 4s! i had run times of about 2 hours! just had a look on ebay basicly 14 quid for that brused speedo nice one mind kinda price range!

ao now i just gota look for batterys

Edited by thesnake505

Ah, that makes sense! I use Turnigy packs, I've got 2 5000mah 2s packs for the D90 and 4000 and 5000 mah 3s packs for the Wraith. They last for ages.

• 1 month later...