• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3.5mm connectors for 150A?

RoughRiderBX

I received the xerun 150a esc today, and it comes fitted with what i think are 3.5mm bullets on the motor side. 

Are these sufficient for the power it puts out? im worried if i change them i could void the warranty but if i don't i may have problems due to the high current. 

Is this safe?

The motors a HPI Tork 2200

Thanks

Jay

Edited by RoughRiderBX

When I got my Xerun 150a esc and leopard 4282 2000kv motor, the connectors were the same size so no soldering new connectors were needed (which I thought was pretty good at the time :))

I didnt realise until now that the connectors are too small.

I think I might have some 5mm somewhere - should I bother soldering them on?

I mean are the 3.5mm ones really to small for a 1/8 truggy

when i got my xerun 150a they came with 4mm bullets

Tbh I dont know what size they are - just going by what the op's said the size of them was lol

it really depends on the battery your running

as the resistance of the motor doesn't change that much it's all down to the voltage applied to find how much current the motor will pull

Using 4s and 5s - i'll just change the connectors (it'll give me something to do tonight)

• 3 weeks later...

I upgraded them because they were getting hot, these were 4mm I think, but I got castle 6.5mm connectors, and they hardly heat up, so I would recommend the upgrade, the cars sold now but I know the new owner won't have any problems