• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra glamis uno thread

BORO-ROB

Your guess is as good as anybody's. There will be a limit because of the space you have to work with, I would have though 16t at most?

You would be better off running 3s tbh and sticking with the 13t.

Your guess is as good as anybody's. There will be a limit because of the space you have to work with, I would have though 16t at most?

You would be better off running 3s tbh and sticking with the 13t.

i have a 14t iam going to try and if that works all leave it at that if it does`nt then all think about a new motor when this one does die 

The stock motor seemed to get quite hot on a short run for me. How are the temps for that motor?

ran it today doing some jumps and some full pelt runs and it was cool tot eh touch with the halix 58 spur and 13t pinion iam running and i never had any problems withthe stock motro getting hot it got warm but not ernough that i couldnt put my finger on it and leave it there and does anyone know were to get a fan for the stock esc as i need one as mine has given up the ghost 

Ok awesome! Thanks! Yeah the stock motor for me just seems like it wants to burn out. I may have binding issues maybe but no idea.

I am not sure if you can get the stock fan without the esc but you should be able to get one to fit.

Ok awesome! Thanks! Yeah the stock motor for me just seems like it wants to burn out. I may have binding issues maybe but no idea.

I am not sure if you can get the stock fan without the esc but you should be able to get one to fit.

one of the front wheels on mine was binding abit when i got it worth looking at them and the esc fan is a weird size 20x20x10 and most of the oens ive seen are 30x30x10 and iam not sure if they`ll fit or not 

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I need to recalibrate my ESC. I've recently moved back from a Futaba to a Spektrum radio system. When all trims and sub-trims on the throttle channel are set to neutral, the wheels spin backwards gently- I need to apply slight throttle to stop the wheels spinning.

I've looked and looked and cannot, for the life of me, find a 'set' button anywhere on the Fuse ESC. I've also tried powering up the ESC with full throttle engaged (as I've seen some ESCs put into 'setup mode' this way) but no luck.

Please, anyone: how do I put the ESC into set-up mode?

Just done a quick google search. If you type in Google this:

"how to put the 60a fuse esc into setup mode"

it should be the first vid. I can't add a link for some reason but it's the first vid. Hope that helps.

Hi all. I need to recalibrate my ESC. I've recently moved back from a Futaba to a Spektrum radio system. When all trims and sub-trims on the throttle channel are set to neutral, the wheels spin backwards gently- I need to apply slight throttle to stop the wheels spinning.

I've looked and looked and cannot, for the life of me, find a 'set' button anywhere on the Fuse ESC. I've also tried powering up the ESC with full throttle engaged (as I've seen some ESCs put into 'setup mode' this way) but no luck.

Please, anyone: how do I put the ESC into set-up mode?

the setup button is on the on/off switch 

Just done a quick google search. If you type in Google this:

"how to put the 60a fuse esc into setup mode"

it should be the first vid. I can't add a link for some reason but it's the first vid. Hope that helps.

In that video, it says turn on the ESC whilst applying full throttle. All that happens (for me), is that after a short delay the wheels just blast forward at full speed.

the setup button is on the on/off switch 

The same switch that is on a short wire? How do I activate that switch, if its the same switch to power on the ESC?

(sorry if that comes across as a silly question!)

The same switch that is on a short wire? How do I activate that switch, if its the same switch to power on the ESC?

(sorry if that comes across as a silly question!)

if you look at the on off switch there is alittle button to the side were the wire comes out you hold that before switching the esc on and then the esc or motor will start making some beep noises if it does then your in setup mode.

this should help you out 

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/j1-vaterra/j1-product/j1-manual/j1-vtr04000-glamis-uno-manual.pdf

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but has anyone got a rear camber mount they don't need or know where I can get one, plastic or alloy? My plastic one broke the other day after reviving the old girl. Not much use without it. I guess I could try to make my own but not ideal.

Thanks

26 minutes ago, JungleS2K said:

Hi,

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but has anyone got a rear camber mount they don't need or know where I can get one, plastic or alloy? My plastic one broke the other day after reviving the old girl. Not much use without it. I guess I could try to make my own but not ideal.

Thanks 

You'll have more luck if you post this in the wanted section.