• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cornwallrc's blade 450, learner thread :D

CornwallRC

Brand new dx6i ordered, just about to go on Hobbyking and buy 2 of those batteries and will look for an adapter like said to start with as I don't want to have a void warranty on any thing until I know it works.

Had the wife on my back this morning as I did tell her it would only cost me

Edited by CornwallRC

Usually, any RC project is going to cost double what you expected it to do, even if you REALLY carefully cost it.

That's life :)

Too true..

These e-books. I have never bought one before but I assume you buy them and they get emailed to you then you can read them or print them out put them on disc etc?

The putting them on disc is what I am interested in lol  :whistling:

Pay for the Ebook through the link and you get an Email or directed to a link where you download it, can't remember? The're PDF files. Then it's yours and you can do what you would like with it :good:

Edited by DannyP
  • Like 1

The 2 tools, these are them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370769574462?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251244392834?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I can not wait to fly, I won't be able to get some one to film me so will have to some how get the camera balanced on my car and try to hover in the drive, drive is in a bit of a mess at the mo though.

Edited by CornwallRC

Thanks Dannyp, maybe this one then?

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/blh1690a_swash_leveling_tool_b450_b400-p-20896.html

Buying the first ebook tonight, my controller may be here tomorrow so want to start reading  :thumbsup:

I think I am running out of stuff to buy now, need to stock up on spares next maybe..

That will do the job mate.

Good spares would be

Main blades

Flybar

Feathering shaft

Main shaft

Boom

Servo gears

Cheers found  em all but the fly bar, there are load of items with fly bar in the name though :P

Have you upgraded any of your 450 or plan to? Just curious.

Just off to buy the ebook, ow how I hate reading :P

Edited by CornwallRC

Where you buying it all from mate? FastLad should have all of it in stock. Look at the links on the left on there homepage. Standard spare, Eflite spares, 4503d. That will list all the parts for your model, flybar should be there :good:

What I have done is quickly typed em into ebay so I can find them and get a rough price and added them to a watch list,  then I will go on Fastlad and get a basket on the go :D

Just printing the 194 page ebook :P

Edited by CornwallRC

He he more questions :D

Reading through the ebook about dx6i settings, its not 100% clear if I will have to enter or some how change my helis pitch to match the curve. or If changing the curve does this by its self

If i do I will order a digital pitch gauge today.

Yes eventually you will change the pitch and throttle curves,

put dx6i at 50%, remember to unplug the motor from the esc very important, and set and adjust your blades to 0% on the gauge,

all being well at bottom stick should have around -12% and top stick +12.

But this is where it gets more complicated, you wont want this for normal flying because what it means if if you panic your reaction is to drop the throttle this will then mean you put -12% on it and drive it into the ground.

matching your curves is simple enough, you want to get the best from your motor, its no good trying to take off if your motor is only 25% spin and you blades are +pitch, its all about wind resistance against the blades, that's why you need to match curves.

likewise if the motors spinning at 100% and your still in - pitch all your doing is draining your battery,

but as a after thought you need a high head speed for the gyro to work and hold the tail.

My head is about to explode I think lol, I am hoping my dx6i turns up today so I can have a play and hopefully clear a few things up by having a play with the settings on that.

Got hospital appointment this morning though so much more on my mind.

ow and will phone my local hobby shop, see if they have a digi pitch gauge, if not will order online today :)

Ok, dx6i arrived and battery adapter.

Danny, i used all the trainer numbers and put them into the dx6i etc :)

I spooled up the heli and man, the main  blades wobble like hell, guess this was not really ready to fly out the box like they said it was?

Also the tail end just spins uncontrollably lol

What do I do?

Edited by CornwallRC