• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DJI Phantom RTF

ibo

Had a go withe the Graupners fitted,Mmmmm flipped it over didnt I lol,me thinks it was a tad to windy,what I did notice befor the flip was it needed a tad more throttle for lift..

yep have read the same, others have said the Graup E prop needs a little more RPM/kv 

to spin them up to speed. but still a very good prop , way better than stock ones or them cheap slowfly props

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Had a go withe the Graupners fitted,Mmmmm flipped it over didnt I lol,me thinks it was a tad to windy,what I did notice befor the flip was it needed a tad more throttle for lift..

Oops!

I was flying in the wind yesterday. TBH I quite like the challenge! :)

Will the stock Go-Pro 2 bracket be ok for the Go-Pro 3?

Sure i read somewere that the bracket that comes with the DJI is not made for the hero 3 as the hero 3 is smaller so you have to use some rubber/sponge stuff to make the room up a little  :thumbsup: but it will fit if you fill the space in with what you can  :yes:

Edited by hebby

You don't need the bracket with the go pro. Remove the bracket and the gopro secure housing bolts straight on :)

Damn! forgot about that  :shockingscary:  got my jello head on today hahahahahaha

Just ordered the 3 then(Buzzflyer) so should have it tomorrow,Yes Iam still waiting for the weather to pick up, no snow here just high winds let me know how you get on with the props wont you and can you let me have the link for them ta..

Ill sort a link soon but doesn't look like ill be flying today. Time to put lipos back in storage mode :(

The props are the gemfan 8045 plastic ones but there made from like an rpm style plastic and are very stiff. Ill let you know how she flies if I ever get a chance :lol:

Ill sort a link soon but doesn't look like ill be flying today. Time to put lipos back in storage mode :(

The props are the gemfan 8045 plastic ones but there made from like an rpm style plastic and are very stiff. Ill let you know how she flies if I ever get a chance :lol:

:thumbsup: ta..

Well me and outlaw snook out today for an hour, it was crazy windy but thought we'd have a go, the phantom handled quiet well, I did get quite a bit of wobble on camera but it flew nice, I also tested the return to home function :lol:

Flew quad 100ft away and switched remote off. The phantom flew up and slowly made its way back to me and landed lovely right where I'd started off from :D

Unfortunately outlaw wasnt that lucky :( he lost control and his ifly 4 disappeared into the horizon. We eventually found it over half a mile away on a piece of waste land, it didn't look too good and the gopro unfortunately has passed away. I'm sure he'll be on soon to share some damage pics.

Edited by Toxic Basher

got on oldie smartphone  on android 

strap old phone to quad, enable a GPS tracking app, and the phones GPS.

quad flys off, so you text phone and ask it where it is, app take sthe current GPS and gives it to.

shove data into google/bing maps and bang you get a  5-10m radius of where quad is.

oh and the DJI return to home CAN fail to , a few others have lost the phrampton after its just gone awol

for no reason and the RTH fails

Flew quad 100ft away and switched remote off. The phantom flew up and slowly made its way back to me and landed lovely right where I'd started off from :D

Nice one,Going to have some fishing line tied to mine then lol