• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RRCI Scale Trail Nationals 25,26 and 27 May 2013

igbandy

Im sure most of you already know this from the last event but we will be holding a 3day event at Bracken Rocks again on the 25th,26th and 27th of May (its a bank holiday so were all free!) well most of us

Anybody interested put your names down so i can book you in

There will be the usual classes

Class 1

Class 2

Class 3

Wraith

And the new Twin Hammers class for all you Twin Hammer Owners

Twin Hammers are restricted to 1.9`s.

scale rules at the following link

http://www.msuk-foru...or-competition/

Edited by igbandy

Please read if your going to the RRCi scale nationals May 2013.

We the organiser`s and helper`s have decided upon the following. 

For those people who can make all 3 days, you will be able to run all the events we are planning.

for those of you who can only attend 1 or 2 days, you will only be able to run in the event that is running on that day.

Saturday will be 2 scale trial sections

Sunday will be a "king of the Hammers" style event, Any rig can enter this event.

Monday will be 2 scale trial sections.

The Sections used on the Saturday and Sunday will be removed at the end of each day.

Edited by igbandy

• 3 weeks later...

So, correct me if I am wrong here:

Looks like we would spend about 7 or 8 hours waiting around Sat and Mon to do 2 off 10 mins max sections?

That's gonna make for a VERY long day. Are start times gonna be posted so you don't have to sit around for hours on end or at least an AM or PM start.

Not trying to be controversial and it's good to watch others for a bit but.......

Just a thought, please enlighten us further before we book in

Yes there is some standing around, but your with like minded people so even if you dont know anyone there are people to talk too. Plus the area is huge, so if you want to go off for a play thats OK, as long as your on 2.4 gig radio.

We will also be running two people on a section at a time all being well, so the sections wont take too long to clear.

Thanks for the response. Both my better half and I are hoping to come as she drives scale and a twin hammer too. However, not sure she will want to hang around for 3 days to actually only really spend what 30 to 40 mins driving. Appreciate that we can go off piste as it were but keen as we are it does seem drawn out. If you know that your slot is say pm or am as least it gives the option to see the area for a couple of hours or something.

Having spoken to some people that took part last year, this was also their feeling. Maybe something to consider at booking in maybe.....

Just some thoughts, I really am not being negative :-)

i have been to all these and personally from my own thoughts, once your waiting your turn so to speak, its great to catch up with the folk whom you dont see regularly and have a good old chat, time usually flies by anyway,

normal start time is between 9-10am until everyone has done, once on section is done by all (2 groups doing a different section each) we usually have a dinner break then onto the other course, afterwards its back to the camp to either charge batteries for the next days fun or carry out repairs or go out for tea or whatever.

to be entirely honest with you its been fine the last three events and i cant see much changing to be fair, as igbandy has already said, once you have done your section, nothing stopping you going off to do something different really.

lets not forget the organisers and helpers who give up money and time to organise such an event, without them it wouldn`t happen so i think personally there is a few things that could possibly be done better but i appreciate whats laid on for us to enjoy and make the most of it.

No worries, thanks for the replies.

Sounds like a top weekend then and the things I heard were 'exaggerated'.

I'll shut up and go away now -lol.

Hope to see some of you there if we make it then

Thanks

Edited by Andybra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi lads and lasses, never been before.can a mate and i just turn up on the sunday to watch to see what its all about. interested in getting into rock crawling.is there anything to pay to watch and what is the best time to turn up to see some action.

cheers Andy.

if your coming from derby side,

go through belper and head towards matlock bath, you will go past the turn off for the a610 for ripley/heanor/nottingham to your right, keep going for another 3-4 miles and as you go through whatstandwell you will come to a sharp 90 degree left in the road taking you over the river derwent with the derwent inn pub straight in front of you, theres a little right turn there to the right of the pub, head up there and about 50 yards is a left turn onto leashaw lane, take that and follow it on for another couple of miles, opposite the entrance is usually a big "axial" banner but if you look to your right you should see all the happy campers anyway, follow the driveway to the top for the day parking :thumbsup:

hope that makes sense mate :whistling: