• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

130x headaches......

stevek32

Getting really fed up with the 130x now tbh.

bought a 2nd hand bog standard off the shelf heli, but after a couple of wks realised it had the crappy mainboard.

can I send it back to hh?

Anyway found a fix on YouTube using subtrims not brilliant but it works.

as a relative newbie crashes came thick and fast resulting in numerous breakages and resulting upgrades.

rakon swash loved it but broke it. Micro heli not so good as seems heavy especially with dfc arms. Seems to drop really quickly as throttle dropped so ran 0.80.80.80.80 but then pitch wasn't brilliant running now 40.60.80.90.100 but still seems to drop fast.

anyway then upgraded tail servo to the Ds one after crashed servo. Result forever trying to get it to stop wagging or spinning on spool up/down. On power down descent tail flicks left and up save power up tail drives right.

then upgraded metal drive and the new metal tail gears resulting in coffee grinder noise. So bought carbon tt rod rubbish don't bother as they rd off on cogs!!.

Broke tail grips so upgraded to micro heli wieghted ones think they are def positive upgrade as no issues.

and managed to break 3 booms and 2 fins. And that's using throttle hold.

total cost of upgrades......

Helicopters are fun aren't they?! unfortunately you do have to be very committed, but It will get easier and more enjoyable once you have your heli sorted I'm sure. Take a deep breath and persevere! good luck :thumbsup:

I have a 130x and I've got to say, I love it. I started with a msrx, mastered that within a few weeks so upgraded to a mcpx, still love flying the mcpx, have it trimmed out really nice. It was my birthday so the mrs bought me a 130x and the only problem I have is the vibration it has, simple fix with some bigger O rings. I've never crashed it however and from the looks of it I doubt it will handle crashes well, but I'm yet to do this, love flying it and when I break/wear out parts ill just upgrade.

I'm sure 130x is uber fragile for a micro....think the MCPX BL will be miles better and as below get bigger there Morse stable and less skittish so you won't crash...as much.

I had same problem with my mcpx I was braking landing skids or something every flight...until one day out just clicked and now I nearly ever brake a part...is broken at moment but only due to lack of funds...was a freak accident don't know how but I broke tail unit..wires came unsoldered from motor and no way to solder back but have gone through 2 tailsbooms and as many blades, 6 landing gear and three main frames and will no doubt soon need a new swashplate....but now I do t crash as much its a very cheap bird to fly.

Thanks for the replies peeps. I have got a 500 but still getting my head rd it tbh so I was kinda using the 130x as a trainer really, I figured if I can save the 130x from pilot errors id feel more confident in flying the 500, but the 130x is so damn frustrating as when I crash it always ask myself how did that happen when on the SIM I can save it more then I loose it.

tried really concentrating and being more devil may care attitude towards it with same result.

frustating....... Very!!!

The sim is a lot easier than RL imo, I turn the wind right up to make it a little more difficult or find the heli's just float around to easy.

I had a fair bit of trouble with my 130x but now it's flying great and had a load of flights on it with no crashes including 9 today. Minus it cutting out after 2mins and landing hard on the skids breaking them, I borrowed a LiPo off a friend and it wasn't fully charged :doh:

Thing is heli's aren't made to crash and all the time you are, it will fly like a bag unless you check and replace parts. I like you have thrown a few quid at it, most of it I didn't need but you know how it is, got that so might as well get this as well :whistling: Glad I stuck with it as it has helped loads with my confidence.I find the 130x a great learning tool, better than the sim for me. Did my first inverted, half, sort of circuits today and a bit of grass cutting :)

Where the pics of the 500 then hmmm?...

Take it slow and one day, as they say "it just clicks" and you move on to the next thing :thumbsup:

Edit: In regards with pitch and throttle curves, I run 100% flat with a linear pitch curve, fly's great :yes:

Edited by DannyP

Well not tried since. But realised trying to fly it in wrong mode, I have hovered it without training gear knees knocking and all.... Lol but its trying to find the time what with work, kids and UK weather.

bit of more then I can chew with the 500 but I'll get there ONE DAY....

thats the only thing i like about the 130 is the pick up put down appeal of it, backyard flyer whereas the 500 is not so easy by the time you pack it up dive 10 miles for a public flying area unpack, set up spool up kack your pants hover for 4mins pack up go home, and then sit waiting for lipo to charge for 1-2hrs ready to go again and by then its raining lol

since i have had my 130x i have gone through a servo , 2 booms , countless rear tail gears as i kept catching the back end but have leart from my mistakes now , around 4 skids , 2 sets of rear blade holders ,a few bevel gears until i upgraded to the metal one , 2 torque tubes and 2 canopy's haha ow and a set of main blades

it has cost me a small fortune in repairs and i probably could of been half way to buying a 300x or 450 for the amount i have forked out but its addictive and keeps you hooked wanting more air time , i don't have a sim so the repair bill might of been abit smaller if i had had some practice first but hey ho we all learn at different rates and now its flying fine with the odd silly crash here and there

i do love my 130x for the fact i can put it in my bag head down to the local park and give it some beans (i even manged my first ever loop the loop the other day :hahadance: after i had changed the dual rates back to stock as i had them dumbed down when i first got it) and thankfully haven't been faced with the various problems some of you have had but my advice is stick at it as the joy you get when flying is great much more than cars.

im now looking to move to a bigger heli like the 300x thanks to the 130 for getting me hooked and wanting more :thumbsup:

Agree there Steve, exactly why I got the 130x. Can pretty much fly it anywhere. I only got the 550 as the local lads got a field and started a club, otherwise wouldn't really have anywhere to fly it.

Leon, the 450x costs pretty much the same as the 300x to repair. Little more expensive to buy

Got my 130x last week, I think you know him Danny, Chris, absolutely made up with it, totally different machine to my mCPX but I'll perseve with it and I'm sure I'll get the best out if it, especially if the weather stays like this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2