• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Nice setup! Do you plan to make anymore upgrades? Pinion or spur changes? 

Luckily the crash wasn't as bad as it looked! 

I have to get mine out soon! 

Clocks went back so it's going to be difficult to film at night. The video was taken at 6:45pm... Believe it or not it was quite dark but the camera gets a lot of light in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch! Fortunately the body affords a lot of protection, especially when barrel rolling. Are you absolutely sure the breakage was a result of the crash or the cause!? What actually broke?

Stability wise, diff oil, particularly under power, can have a huge impact. What weights you running f-r? Also, can't recall from vid, but do you have adjustable camber/top links? Checking the wheel alignment/geometry may help. How does the chassis sit with that tower block of lipos on one side? Are the a arms horizontal?

Finally, 19t pinion is minimum for high 60++ speeds, maybe even 22t. However, temps become a much bigger issue! Be worth adding a few Yeah Racing Tornado fans- they'll keep heat under control for sure!

Lol, not sure about the alloy arms :box:

Edited by J.A.Son

Gave my nitro WR8  a gentle run out last weekend to see if all was generally ok after a big stripdown and rebuild with new diff oil plus various upgrades to steering rack, suspension, servo's, anti-bending plates, suspension/steering links, rubber sealed bearings, upgraded to stainless screws everywhere etc.

WR8%20Rebuilt.jpg

Doing similar with the Flux now, won't take as long hopefully as I'll know which parts are fiddly or need tweeking.  Just going to find it harder to get time to run them with the darker weekends as I've got cycling and looking after a real car to fit in there too.

Didn't get anywhere with the CVD's that didn't fit - full refund from Asiatees in the end :(

Yes, my GPM cvds fit fine and iirc measured the same dimensions as troys. I can't for the life of me understand why- very strange!

Lol, I'm tempted to send you one of mine to try, simply to feed my curiosity! ;)

Never really got to the bottom of why the CVD's were wrong, they definitely didn't match up with the standard gear shafts. Still got them here though they're no use to me obviously.

Was pretty time consuming doing the rebuild of the flux car - lot of time taken cutting stainless bolts to match lengths of the original parts including doing second set for the flux at the same time. Flux is coming along - diffs oiled up and refitted, just need to get the rear hubs fitted and few other bits and pieces fitted

Wr8%20Flux%20Rebuild.jpg

Going to re-oil the shocks as well, put 900cst (70wt?) in them originally but going to soften that off to 50wt. With the little damper discs in the shocks is there any benefit to either blanking holes off or adding more?

Nice rebuild! Have you completed it all? Or nearly there? What weight oil/grease did you use in the diffs? 

Ive only gone and ordered a mamba monster 2650kv combo for the wr8! I only plan to run it on 3s/4s should be fun :D

Nice rebuild! Have you completed it all? Or nearly there? What weight oil/grease did you use in the diffs? 

Ive only gone and ordered a mamba monster 2650kv combo for the wr8! I only plan to run it on 3s/4s should be fun :D

I'm nearly there with it, new rear hubs and link arms to go on plus linkage from servo to steering then thinner shock oil and shocksox. Think that's everything, just not enough hours in the day for looking after my fleet of 2 & 4 wheelers. Put 10K/100K/7K in the diffs going off suggestions on here. Seemed more than fast enough with the stock motor on 3S with my level of driving ability, which tends to lead to regular spectacular aerobatics :rolleyes: can't imagine what a 4S does to it :o

Not looking forward to having snow as it tends to scupper some of my main interests, if the push bike is grounded it would give me an excuse to take one of the fleet for a spin though :)

So it is coming along nicely then :D ok I'll keep that in mind as I may or may not get the integy diff cases soon.

yeah it has more than speed on the stock motor but bigger is better huh :P I rekon it would be quite fun haha

yeah snow will affect me in the way that I will have to walk to work instead of cycle but the snow gives me ideas to make my own snow rally track to have fun with :) 

• 2 weeks later...

It sure is! It's the 2650kv combo. I am still debating at the moment, but I have 2 3s 4000mah packs I could use in series for 6s but that may be way to much power! I may stick to 4s but I just need to figure what lipos I should use. Any Ideas to help me?  

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

It sure is! It's the 2650kv combo. I am still debating at the moment, but I have 2 3s 4000mah packs I could use in series for 6s but that may be way to much power! I may stick to 4s but I just need to figure what lipos I should use. Any Ideas to help me?  

Could be a tricky balance between enough power to do that motor justice and destroying the wr8's fabulous handling with too much weight!

I'd say try one of the 3s' you already have, although depending on their c rating, at 4000mah may not be enough. You'll get cogging when applying throttle if not. The most I'd go for is 4s, even then the extra weight will be noticeable. Try what you have first and go from there.

Edited by J.A.Son
clarification

These are the current ones I have at the minute but I'll be getting a bigger pack when I can with higher c rating if these current lipos are no good, but I'd like to see what 4s and 6s feels like :rc_car:

Yeah I'll bring the wr8 if you like! Yeah I am going to measure the length of the battery tray when it is extended fully and see what lipos I can fit but yeah I'll bring it. I've got a series lead on order but I have only got a couple 3s's at the minute. Payday is next Friday so I can order a couple 4s's to try. That would be a big help if you could bring those lipos aswell so I can see what fits and what doesn't.

yeah it's pretty crazy, so maybe this combo is a little overkill.

more power!!!