• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

i have gone through 4 now, modelsport and wheelspin are both now out of stock.. it seems every time i go out or roll the car hard it brakes the same part in the same place.. :shockingscary: it is not from hitting things its where the body post connects it brakes, trust me if you have not broke one yet you will soon!!

I've only broken one and that was my own fault. Running without the shell on. Flipped it and the post dug in and snapped.

Seriously, I wonder how local independent model shops stay in business. Out of three local shops, one only had two lipo's of any description in stock, another said that they didn't keep any in stock but could order one (possibly not realising that the Internet exists!) and the third had batteries, but wouldn't fit a Deans connector for me, even though their ebay shop says that they'll fit whatever connection you want. Ah well, I did try and give them my business! I've gone for a 7600 2S Turnigy for now. The manual put me off saying that you should only use 3S for high speed runs and as I'm only bashing there's not much point risking it.

DexterST - did you give that spot at Meadowhall a try?

Replacement arrived today :)

they have only just come back in stock.. they where out of stock everywhere for the last 2 weeks

when i brake mine, if it is only on one side i have been cutting the entire mount down the middle so i have spares for which ever side brakes

they really need to do something about these!!

Edited by bobby288

Would someone be able to do a wee post or pm on the WR8?

there is 12 pages of thread to pick from here mate

• Like 1

Unfortunately raking though broken arms and out of stock parts is not my thing...I don't have a WR8 so i have no idea what is needed for WR8 rallying. 

Hopefully someone will take the time to promote the use of WR8 in rally.

Ta 

Andy