• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Radio Gear..Whats the shizzle?

Mr Drifta

why not just only buy from uk for warranty?

I think whats more important over anything is the uk ecconamy! buy from england, keep England on its feet. buy from HK all the time and you will have no model shops left in the uk

hell I don't even live in the uk now and I still buy all my stuff from there! loyal to GB shops! I think more people should as well.

sorry for going off topic. carry on lol

wake up and smell the coffee! Its all imported from asia i was being kind Uk its going down in or out of the EU

no my friend you wake up.

yes it's all imported but the money added onto it keeps who ever is selling it in the uk in business and giving that person a living who in turns spends that money on other stuff in the uk thus keeping the uk alive. if we all buy from over seas there will be no uk left

you may save a few quid but think of the future and the bigger picture. if everyone did this for everything then the uk would be a better place and not so much in recession.

Whats with all the spekky haters, I've had them for going on ten years on everything from 1/18 to 1/5 electric, nitro and petrol never had a range or glitch issue.

The only downside is there not backlit and I have snapped a few antennas even then no range or glitch issues.

flysky is on par with spektrum's DSM stuff yes... But not as good as the DSM2...

For bashing, Flysky will do the job... its cheap and nasty feeling and very very slow to respond but it has really decent range and the receivers are dirt cheap.

Both the Spektrum and Flysky will glitch a lot more than the sanwa, high end futaba ect... hence the reaseon you dont see a of 5th scale users using either... when your kit was 10kg+ you need to trust your radio...

flysky is on par with spektrum's DSM stuff yes... But not as good as the DSM2...

For bashing, Flysky will do the job... its cheap and nasty feeling and very very slow to respond but it has really decent range and the receivers are dirt cheap.

Both the Spektrum and Flysky will glitch a lot more than the sanwa, high end futaba ect... hence the reaseon you dont see a of 5th scale users using either... when your kit was 10kg+ you need to trust your radio...

I don't think it is on pair with regards to response time. Going purely from a Flysky to DSM and no other changes, my lap times when racing improved by a second per lap. Though the Flysky I suspect will have better range than DSM. But with the Flysky you never feel connected to the car due to the latency and even for bashing it doesn't feel nice.

Hi all, have to say I am very old skool and still love stick(no pun intended) and back in the day when i didnt have to pay rent i was a futaba man through and through so was gutted when i searched ebay for a field force 3 with not a single one listed, eventually i gave up and bought a hitec eclipse pro car, and apart from my bad choice of cheap crystals it has been an amazing set with the failsafe working perfectly when switching the transmitter off to test and it never losing range so can you all tell me why wheel transmitters are the only option nowadays? also have i gone wrong with switching to hitec after having a number of futaba and ko sets(have always wanted to try sanwa but never had the chance)

Cheers all and am looking forward to your comments!

Tho Joe knows I use flysky in my fifth scale bl vehicles w/o any issues at all, having had a horrid runaway incident with a spektrum system.....the range is farther than I would wish to drive them, and I don't feel they suffer from any lag whatsoever.