• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anywhere around the Rochdale/Oldham/Bury area?

Yeah we usually go up on Sundays :-)

Been to coal pit hills my self a couple of week ago but was too muddy :-(

When get back off holiday and get a transmitter ill be up for a bash with ya mate :-)

Nice one, Me & my mate normaly go coal pit lane on Sundays as we are both very local,

The quarry does look good & I know exactly where it is because I used to play in there when I was a lot younger, It looks like it has changed quite a bit since those times though, I rmember that as you went past the big gate there was 2 large buildings just infront of you

• 1 year later...

Anyone still go over to newhay quarry? I followed this thread a while ago and have just moved house over the road from there so I thought I'd sign up and maybe join yous? It's boring on your own....

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 24/05/2017 at 22:24, Dazzman07 said:

I'm from Chadderton oldham and have just bought myself a traxxas slash 4x4 but not got anywhere to bash it that comes to mind... any ideas? Cheers

Im too from Chadderton. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2018 at 17:08, steephill said:

Lee quarry is quite a good bashing spot. Parking at the bottom just off the main road. Just a bit of a walk up the hill, but worth it.

Anyone been up recently?

I am thinking of having a look up but will be mid october before we have a free weekend. Is the old Rossmods track still up at Cown Quarry? That was ok but was bloody cold lol

27 minutes ago, dwarfy said:

I am thinking of having a look up but will be mid october before we have a free weekend. Is the old Rossmods track still up at Cown Quarry? That was ok but was bloody cold lol

The track is still at cowm but it's used for bikes. Ross mod no longer use the track.

1 hour ago, steephill said:

The track is still at cowm but it's used for bikes. Ross mod no longer use the track.

Think it was only used a couple of times. Is Lee Quarry decent for all scales of RC? Not been up for years - before they built the MTB trails. What do you take up there?