• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

cleaning

Gaz201

Right lads,

This weekend as usual i always take the trucks out with my dad and as usual i end up cleaning them, well usually i was them off with water and blow dry with the compressor, now i have a losi 5 cleaning its a pig the water sits on the chassis like a bucket and i just dont like it.

This week i decided i would just blow the muck off with the compressor and leave them, after ages with the compressor id got most of the grass and sticky mud off but this left behind mud marks, and those who know me know this is no good for me so then i spent another hour bucket and water then dry with the air line then good dose of wd40 ( the losi is so hard to get the muck off )

I just wish i could walk away from them dirty but i cant so come on guys what do you lot do to yours after a bash answer honest !!

also do you lot clean your filters after every run or do you not touch anything till something breaks

I use Muc in a mist spray bottle off and a toothbrush, I use a mist spray water bottle first then leave for 2 mins then spray Muc off leave for 30 seconds then work the toothbrush into the crud rinse off with water mist bottle then air blow it with compressor. It brings it up a treat, mind you don't know what i am going to do for compressor as just been made redundant last days work this Saturday :(

Oh just got in from running my losi for first time and arghhhhhh it's filthy what a ba****d, it was mint before lmao, first run went well hour and half running in etc but what a machine. It handles and accelerates so well. Need some fenders to stop muck going into chassis, seem to have a lot of grease in front right wheel arch, further inspection will hopefully source the problem!

• Like 1

Not a petrol car, but electric... so a lot less to clean. Took all electrics out (they are just velcroed in, and then four hex nuts for servo and motor). sprayed with water, then muc off. leave 5 minutes, return and hose off.

Muc Off must be the way forward for you.

I swear by it for keeping a mountain bike clean. I can clean mine, my wife's and three kids bikes in 30 minutes with Muc Off. Then another 10 minutes with lube on the drive train of all bikes and job done.

You won't need a compressor with it either. Just decent pressure from a garden hose.

there pics of my car and it toke hours to clean it after that weekend bash .. fitted some inner wheel guards and it made a lot difference .............. glen i have still got the plates IL give them back next time i see you

Temps = 90-100 running. 110 = TX alarm, 120= stop! Leave engine running so flywheel can cool the engine!

You can get plates to go into the rollcage to stop crap getting in when bashing.

I jetwash the body, remove electrics and jetwash the car. Dry with compressor.

A good tip is to make closed "wheel arches" simply by duct taping the inside of the arch. Makes a huge difference!

I tend to clean mine over a few evenings as it can take me a good three or four hours, i first take the wheels/shell/under tray off etc...clean what i can with a brush, rag and muc off, then go back to it the next day and blow it out with a compressor, i strip down what i can and then wipe over everything with GT85.

Iv found that this time of year im relutant to run the baja just based on how much time in cleaning is required - at least in the summer it's just a grass issue.

What compressor's are people using? Looking for a reasonable priced one..

I've got a Argos one its made by challenge had it years and its been ace never missed a beat

As for cleaning I use all purpose cleaner like flash it's about

What compressor's are people using? Looking for a reasonable priced one..

I bought a Draper 24L - its excellent my only gripe is its a bit noisey, its small enough to keep in the conservatory. Very very powerful, compaired to those air cans anyway.

i just wash mine off with the hose with electrics in. I just avoid them.

Then leave it stood on its bumper.

Soak it in wd4o when it almost dry

If the baja gets really dirty, i would take the engine and electrics out and just powerhose it, if i just cant be bothered to take it apart i would clear the essential places (around crankcase, driveshaft, steering etc..) i dont feel the need to have the bumper spotless and body posts sparkling every time i take it out :xd:

Edited by nitro taste bad

Haha bet that took ages to clean, btw what temps should I be seeing on my engine, first run got to around 200 Fahrenheit is this normal?

200F is fine. It's very dependent on where you measure, if you're around the plug area up to 140deg C is ok, if you're using a temperature loop (particularly if orientated towards the rear) it will be higher again.