• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What type of biking are you into?

UltimateRC

You can ride fine in snow if its actually just snow and not been trudged into ice already.

1VlVPPfh.jpg

The white one's mine. It was originally a Revolution (EBC own brand) something or other, but other than the frame I think everything has been swapped at least once now.

JT87DP9h.jpg

Macc the first pic eh mate ?

Ride up there alot :)

Not far off actually. That's the back of Bosley cloud. Tend to cycle from home so stick around congleton mostly.

`Sweet , anything up to mow-cop as i crawl and ride up there alot ?

Must get together for a bash soon dude as your not far away :)

Wow, that bike is shiny!! Did you just use water then dry it off? Clean out all the bearings? I gave the bearings in my crank a good clean the other day, feels so much better!

Yeah i used a hair dryer and a fiber free cloth :)

Loving that bike mate! Looks amazing in that colour, must've cost you a pretty penny doing it up to that standard??

Got some more updated pics of mine which I will post up later... Not really much of a difference but I've added some new parts :)

• Like 1

Okay, so took more pics of my bike today! (with the updated parts) Going to do another mini bike check because I have I.D'ed some of the parts now :thumbsup:

2010 MirraCo frame (actually made in late 2011) with ALL stickers removed

Standard forks

Stolen Convict Stem in white

Custom 3-piece crank with 25 tooth sprocket and rubber-sealed bearings

Stolen 8.25" rise, 29" wide bars (not in pic, they are a new addition)

Thermalite white BMX pedals

Standard rims

2.2" wide all-round tyres

Custom hub (not sure which I bought but it's pretty good)

Kore chain tugs, (now broken but cba to take them off)

Eclat saddle with aluminium seat clamp

ODI grips

Shortened chain (for the 25/9 gearing) painted white

NEW PICS :hahadance:

IMG00335-20130126-1340.jpg

IMG00336-20130126-1340.jpg

IMG00337-20130126-1340.jpg

IMG00338-20130126-1340.jpg

Still planning on painting but will do it in the summer when it's a little warmer :whistling: Colour scheme ideas please! Only want to buy two colours MAX

Thanks! :harhar:

Edited by UltimateRC

Orange or lime green make it one colour use your rims/stem/bars/seat post for your 2nd colour ;)

Also ditch te grips and get a set of lock ons and decent bar bungs mate had those grips and no bung tried a toboggan end result bar went 3 inchs into his thigh

Edited by 3.0dundee

I love the look of your orange! But think I'm going to go with some a little more neutral... I cba to paint rims stem or bars :xd: so will have to fit in with them! Maybe completely white frame with black bars (which I already have) and black forks? Would get a new saddle, seat post and grips as they wont fit in

Paint it orange!

+1

u know you want a youve been tango'd bike

9c21c294.jpg u can get the you've been tango'd Vynls off of the bay :)

Put up the pic again to try persuade u orange is te colour u want :P

Edited by 3.0dundee
  • Like 1

i really want a bike, could anyone advise which one i should go for? i will be using it purely to get fit and normal bike riding. i wont be doing any stunts or anything like that haha

cheers people

i really want a bike, could anyone advise which one i should go for? i will be using it purely to get fit and normal bike riding. i wont be doing any stunts or anything like that haha

cheers people

Road bikes are better for fitness, MTB more fun, bmx for kids :)

Also depends on your budget and if you don't have much to spend but do have a job the might be worth checking if your employer does the cycle to work scheme.

The number one rule when buying a bike, DONT GO TO HALFORDS! ;) If you have a bike shop near you, pop along and see what they have mate :)

For general riding and fitness, you either want a mountain, road or fixie bike :) Road bikes and fixies are similar however fixies only have one gear and are very simple compared to road bikes! Road bikes usually have 21+ gears...

Have a look around and see what takes ya fancy :) Let us know if you find anything and post a link to it or something

yes they did do that scheme but then they stopped doing it, i didn't want a bike then but started to want one for few weeks now. i do like mountain bikes alot but i just don't know which is the decent ones though. i do not fancy spending thousands though

cheers