• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my "new" car, vw bora

Gaz!

hi, well since my old bus died and needed some wheels, found this, its a 2000 w reg 2litre auto vw bora se

never really been into vw but i must say it does drive really nice and as yet quite good on fuel....

got a few subtle little things id like to do to it but im far too old for the whole boy racer thing, so.....

IMG_1489_zpsd37ba595.jpg

any ideas as to what to do??

fitted my head unit and have a sub to go in too, not in a desperate rush...

my partner has the same car but in manual, very nice car.

seems so as yet mate, bit smaller than im used to but it will do :thumbsup:

Slam it gaz, you now you want to :lol:

ermmm.... :whistling::whistling: its low enough now mate, then again im older now, was thinking of bigger rims though down the line, seen one with 18"s on (vw or audi wheels) and looked really nice....

Petrol or diesel ???

its a petrol mate, couldn`t afford the disco route as yet, well i could but it would have been a dog :xd::xd: this has only got to get us through this next year and then im still on the disco hunt!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NIce choice there Gaz :)

Love the bora's my mate has one atm he is having a couple of issues with but nothing that cannot be ironed out :)

As you say they are a golf underneith, They share the same frontend almost, Which is where "Gora's and Bolfs" Come into play... Golfs with bora front ends and bora's with golf front ends (blimey thats hard to read!!!)

A Set of Audi TT comps set the Bora off well, (See below) If you get them mirror polished then they go down a treat :)

bora1.jpg

Here's a couple of Gora's and bolfs :)

7967934956_a91c94a8f2_b.jpg

vw-bolf-tuning-11.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Kieran

• Like 1

thanks kieran :thumbsup:

i dont think ill be doing a gora though :whistling::whistling:

but those audi wheels in the first pic :yes::yes: do you know if they are a direct fit?? if so that would be sweet as, they look real nice, not too bling but classy looking :thumbsup:

whats the issues your mate is having if you dont mind me asking??

Whooaaaaa Hella fast replys! lol

The audi wheels will be a direct fit you can get them mirror polished aswell if you want the "bling" factor :)

My friend is having problems with the throttle boddies on his, it needs resetting, his idle is lumpy and all over the shop, the origional fault was the PAS Sensor going, basically the car would idle lumpy and rev to around 2k then fall on idle, However moving the steering wheel would settle it down to its normal idle... He has replaced that and now just needs to clear the codes and reset the throttle body and i think he will be okay...

Ill try and grab a photo in the light of his, Probley saturday.... but its sitting nice at the moment

I have another friend in Lancashire that has a black bora too, slightly lowered but not too far Then another friend who put a 1.8T in his bora and slammed it on Rotiforms, However this is now in a million peices as he broke it for parts shortly after :(

A nice upgrade for these if you dont already have them is the illuminated vents, Great little touch for the inside :)

Like i say, ill dig out some photo's of some bora's that arnt in your face modified and some that are slammed etc to give you some idea's :)

Kind regards

Kieran

thanks for your help mate, want it to be a little different from standard but not too over the top kind of thing if you get my drift......

yeah mate, look forward to the pics, (always good for inspiration :thumbsup: )

as yet im thinking a different front grill, tinted windows, nicer alloys, poss front fog lamps if the loom is already in there?? and a k&n induction kit.....

when you get 5 mins spare could i have a link to those vent things please mate :thumbsup:

sorry to be a spammer haha! the most posting ive done for around 3 years here lol.....

Anyway, Here's a link ill leave you with, I have no idea how they are fitted, however this guy seems to provide instructions...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Bora-Vents-Golf-Mk4-Bora-R32-GTI-Anniversary-Illuminated-With-Loom-/121046792854?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ABora&hash=item1c2ef37a96

But yeah that gives you this look inside :

IMG-20110406-00161.jpg

Not entirely sure how they are fitted but you should be able to find out easy enough....

G'night

Kieran