• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Im going to go with a km t1000 any tips from the box?

RCbutcher

I should be ordering it around the 2nd of january since thats when they start posting them again so plenty of time to hear more stories about kms most say go for it some say i wouldnt wish it on enemies so its hard but i think if i listen to other owners and learn from their mistakes i should be able to keep it working with minimal break downs for awhile.

they do come with warranties anyway right?

It could also come down to the flick of a coin between the t1000 and the standard ksrc001 depends on what i hear in the mean time. Or if a good used 5th scale popped up who knows but at this minute im set again on the t1000 air brush metal plates and rivits and call it terrminator.

Edited by RCbutcher

warrenty on rc's is a difficult area, the only company i know who seem to offer a no bull warrenty on rtr's is HPI. however with the KM first thigns first a killswitch is essential before you do anything else. then an alloy gear carrier and outerwares. that will get you going then replace as your break (like i have) or just go mad lol

does the t1000 for 440 have an alloy diff and whats the exhaust look like? The cheapest one they sell has an alloy diff and a nice exhaust but it says ghost pipe on the t1000 and doesnt mention the diff. Also i can only afford a upto

my friend recently got a t1000, the body has really only had one roll so cant tell how well it will hold up but i did notice the rigidity/lack of flex of the body compared to my 5sc but out of the box it was really quite good, handling was spot one, good power, exhaust was a clone of this http://www.bigsquidrc.com/pictures/hpi_racing/full/baja_header.jpg after a few runs the servos both failed in a strange way, bolts began threading, an idiotic design of the rear lower shock mount, the bumper mount broke and the rear shocks have no rebound (once compressed they do not spring back to original position) and the fronts seem to have developed a less severe version of this.

The km radio box is different to hpi's slightly, there is no drainage hole on the bottom (so a hpi radio box wouldnt fit in his km) and the servo mount on the km radio box for the steering was too small (unlike a hpi ) for an aftermarket servo i had which was a real pain.

But definately get a killswitch no matter what :thumbsup:

Edited by nitro taste bad

my friend recently got a t1000, the body has really only had one roll so cant tell how well it will hold up but i did notice the rigidity/lack of flex of the body compared to my 5sc but out of the box it was really quite good, handling was spot one, good power, exhaust was a clone of this http://www.bigsquidr...baja_header.jpg after a few runs the servos both failed in a strange way, bolts began threading, an idiotic design of the rear lower shock mount, the bumper mount broke and the rear shocks have no rebound (once compressed they do not spring back to original position) and the fronts seem to have developed a less severe version of this.

The km radio box is different to hpi's slightly, there is no drainage hole on the bottom (so a hpi radio box wouldnt fit in his km) and the servo mount on the km radio box for the steering was too small (unlike a hpi ) for an aftermarket servo i had which was a real pain.

But definately get a killswitch no matter what :thumbsup:

Must be different to mine then :shockingscary:

My km servo mounts were ok to fit aftermarket servo's, shocks are still going strong ( fitted hpi shock shafts tho ) due to shock bottoms pulling out easily fixed with shock limiters :thumbsup:

Easy way to fix the drainage hole thing is waterproof receiver :thumbsup:

All said and done the km has been awesome for me and i smash it everytime i take it out and not really had that many problems if im honest :yes:

Mine came with the ghost exhaust but guy threw in a tuned pipe for free :hahadance: ghost pipe is a clone hpi ss pipe not as good as a tuned pipe but better than a stock can :thumbsup:

I was thinking of asking if theyd swap the exhaust to the tuned pipe. I will say tho im finding more km haters that lovers its off putting. Aguy on youtube loves his and anyones says different he flips f ing and blinding at them lol. After watching all of his videos i wonderd why cos he showed alot of problems. He did say he fitted an hpi receiver box tho. Elsewhere ive seen the only parts not compatible are the rear diff gears but hpi diff case does fit with hpi diff gears.. Another thread said the shocks are the exact same lol. I watched the rcxmodels channel and they mess around with the models they dont show steering unless the km is off the floor.

I dont expect to have a hpi quality from a km but i dont want to be fixing it after every run i wouldnt mind one breakdown a month and after 6 months i put upgrades on and have something just as strong im going to still get one but if a nice used 5th scale comes in budget who knows.

Just taken my km baja for another car park bash as its been the only non rainy day for a week . I bloody well loved it and it always puts a smile on my face lol . All ive done to mine so far is - new steering servo under warranty , new ngk plug as standard are crap , fitted pull start cover and airfiler cover and just replaced flywheel cover as the rear engine mount bolt snapped just like they do on the hpi models ! The rear tyres which are cheap km all terrain ones have done bloody well in the grabel carparks and still havent torn one there just bald now ! I have the 002tx which has the white plastics and 29cc engine . This cost me

Lol yeah same.

The 001 and t1000 are they the same tho they dont have your model in anymore and i dont want to preorder last time i preorderd i forgot about it and 6months past before i asked for refund.

I know kms have come along way but the 001 has been improved too i think as now it has alloy diff . Orange shocks and other things so mayb the t1000 has the same updates to well they start shipping again on the 2nd looks like my best option plus i will only use it on flatland.

If your only using flat land then it will be fine . You can also buy them direct from km themselves on ebay . Slightly more money but you get shock socks , air filter and pull start covers , better pipe and a 30.5 cc engine plus a few other upgrades . Might mate got one a few dsys ago from them on ebay as rcmodelz were out of stock .

I saw some of your posts lol on a km thread on another fourm you got somebody quite worked up lol. I thought about ordering the 002 but it didnt say when they would have them and i waited 6 months for a pre order before then got a refund so ill just keep my eyes on the site and see. Im trying to find out if the t1000 has a metal diff too.

I saw some of your posts lol on a km thread on another fourm you got somebody quite worked up lol. I thought about ordering the 002 but it didnt say when they would have them and i waited 6 months for a pre order before then got a refund so ill just keep my eyes on the site and see. Im trying to find out if the t1000 has a metal diff too.

The t1000 has an alloy diff .......stick a good throttle/brake servo in,an alloy clutch carrier and a remote kill switch and they are good to go.

Regardless of what 1/5th scale rc you get I'm sure uell love it, I've got a FS Racing Truggy (MCD Clone) the shell was written off on day one but apart from that I've given it the death and it's lapt it up, forum opinions vary so much so that if you read to deep you doubt yourself as I've done afew times myself, go Treat yourself!

lol yes i remember calling them hpi snobs . yes rc modelz said thay are getting some 002 in at the end off the month thats why i pre ordered one