• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Garry's Focus....hang on, thats not a Focus?!

Garry

Thats partially the plan, but like you say the costs are a bit naff. To upgrade like that I'd need a modded loom as the facelift lights have separate dipped and main beam lights. One goes off when the other comes on if you haven't got a loom adaptor but I know where I can get one made for around

The Focus is a decent car for the money, every car has problem areas and the Focus is mainly all about the seized bolts on the suspension, and the coilpacks, budget for one to go every 20-25k, about

Imperial Blue is one of Ford's best colours, behnd Moonstone Blue. Lovely.

image.jpg

I've got the daddy one for a 1.5 ton car it shifts.

I have a friend with an ST220, same colour, and the noise it makes is unreal!

Imperial Blue is one of Ford's best colours, behnd Moonstone Blue. Lovely.

I have a friend with an ST220, same colour, and the noise it makes is unreal!

The ST220 os actually Performance Blue bud.

I had one of those too for a bit. I will never forget the sound of a 3.0v6 with a K&N doing 155mph on saturday afternoon.

On a private road, of course!

Nope. Public highway.... In Germany. I was on one of the 2 unrestricted autobahns. I got flashed to move over by a bentley

• 4 weeks later...

Deposit taken for this thing. Didn't really expect to sell it but was made an offer that only an idiot would reject. Making a tidy profit on the car (inc mods), and its going to a good home so I'm happy.

So....onto car number 4 for me. I've had hot hatches, I fancy something a bit more grown up, something with 4 doors and enough bootspace to handle my RC stuff, photographic gear and extras for weekends away. That covers most family saloons I think :lol:

I had my mind made up on one specific car model, did plenty of research to see what to look out for, average prices etc and found a couple of cars on Auto Trader but none were local. One was head and shoulders cleaner than the others so made arrangements to go see it. Turned out, the dealer used stock photos from a different version of that car (the pics had dealer-logo plates covering the real plates) and the car I turned up to see was an absolute nail. Horrible paint and an interior that smelled of dog, sick and aniseed (really). I was crestfallen as I'd taken time to arrange the finances to be in place to buy if it was good, travelled over to Derby, and I work nights so being between shifts meant I should have been asleep by then....and anyone making decisions when tired will know that its not a good idea. :lol:

''What the hell do I do now?'' I thought. I'd come all this way, and all the other cars on the lot weren't much better. ''Do I take a punt on this mongrel and throw a heap of money into it, making it to be what the thing should have been all along?''

Nah, 2 mins on ebay turned up another car, same make and model, down in Tamworth, 20mins drive away. I went, saw it, loved it, bought it. Delivery on Tuesday once they do a couple of things I weren't happy with. Paid less than the first one too, so happy days.

But what is it? Wait and see.