• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sams Leccy Baja.

samshirley001

Right, i still haven't cleaned the mud off my baja from the jam, where i mixed the fuel wrong, and almost killed the motor. I can't be bothered to clean the motor, si i decided to turn my baja electric. but using the castle conversion electronics, i hit Hobbyking hard, and decided to go massively overpowered.

fifteen cell lipo seemed a reasonable amount :D

so far i ordered the motor, speedo, batteries, mount [from model sport], 8mm bullets for the battery and motor and some cabling to make charge leads.

pics

Speedo - ZHXwV.jpg

rest to arrive (stuck in customs, and mount on back order

The only option you have really is to mount it up on the rear top plate like most, the size of battery's your planning there is no way it will fit down in the chassis.

I made a custom carbon one to fit my mgm on, you could try something similar.

Castle one might work sideways with an extra plate on it for support perhaps.The RC-M one is square-ish too and would possibly let you fit it sideways, the ends are quite exposed that way though. Im not sure if it would fit just like the XL-2's do, the rear shock support uprights might get in the way

TVvzo.jpg

Edited by Highlander

I'll give it a good tear-down on tue.

Still waiting for the motor mount and electronics, but fired up the ESC on 6S, connected to a Sirius 1515 motor, seemed fine, but there didn't really seem to be any brakes. gonna have to go into the settings and see if i can add some.

The esc doesn't send any voltage at all to the reciver, so i'm gonna have to keep the baja electronics intact. but instead of a throttle servo, i mounted the HPI battery monitor, so i can easily see the battery voltage.

Edited by samshirley001

I'll give it a good tear-down on tue.

Still waiting for the motor mount and electronics, but fired up the ESC on 6S, connected to a Sirius 1515 motor, seemed fine, but there didn't really seem to be any brakes. gonna have to go into the settings and see if i can add some.

The esc doesn't send any voltage at all to the reciver, so i'm gonna have to keep the baja electronics intact. but instead of a throttle servo, i mounted the HPI battery monitor, so i can easily see the battery voltage.

why not use a bec?

Right, i still haven't cleaned the mud off my baja from the jam, where i mixed the fuel wrong, and almost killed the motor. I can't be bothered to clean the motor, si i decided to turn my baja electric. but using the castle conversion electronics, i hit Hobbyking hard, and decided to go massively overpowered.

fifteen cell lipo seemed a reasonable amount :D

so far i ordered the motor, speedo, batteries, mount [from model sport], 8mm bullets for the battery and motor and some cabling to make charge leads.

pics

Speedo - ZHXwV.jpg

rest to arrive (stuck in customs, and mount on back order

:o the size of a can of monster? - damn.