• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Tank Discussion Thread

.AJ.

Me and Speed Turd are planning to do exactly that next weekend xD

Got a great war game for and Speed Turd to play this weekend AJ. Convert your tanks to fire metal ball bearings, then when you control them, each person controlling their tank has to walk directly behind their own tank in just their underpants and the aim of the game is to fire at the opposing tanks operator until one surrenders. Lol.

There must be no head shots though as that could be dangerous.

You can get some allied tanks....

Heng Long do a Sherman and a KV1. The 'Snow Leopard' is actually the M26 Pershing as well. Chronic lack of British armour there.

Couple of companies used to do T34's .... but don;t think there are any current ones at the affordable end.

Forget Italian tanks :) They were poorly armed, poorly armoured and of little real use in combat. Even the Italian Army didn't want the ones it had.

Putting on my Tank Buff anorak ..... the 3 rods in the centre of the tow rope... These were the cleaning rods for the Tiger II's 88mm L71 gun. They should be metal not wood. Early war tanks used a metal rod, but later war, they were metal. Especially when you get the longer barreled weapons like this one. It's unbelievably sad that I should know this or even care :)

I quite fancy the tiger 'pro' with the metal tracks. Outdoor use will result in broken track links with the plastic ones from what I have been told.

• Like 2

Putting on my Tank Buff anorak ..... the 3 rods in the centre of the tow rope... These were the cleaning rods for the Tiger II's 88mm L71 gun. They should be metal not wood. Early war tanks used a metal rod, but later war, they were metal. Especially when you get the longer barreled weapons like this one. It's unbelievably sad that I should know this or even care :)

That might be right for a Tiger ll, but mines a King Tiger and from reference pictures they all seem to be wood

3193839551_35d7134b75_b.jpg

That's my history lesson for the day lol..... I used to be really Into going round d the museum's and looking at tanks, though at the time I was like ten and was more interested in climbing on them and make shooting noises lol....very imaginative I was....but still ithey do look Awsome and having a Rc tank that can shoot and spew smoke is a cool idea.