• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Woodland RC Track | Camberley, Surrey | Next Meet: TBA

TrickyTris

9 hours ago, cyronn said:

Just an update guys the off road club wont be coming back to the MOD land.  After all the battles Tris had with them ruining our track finally people can go there and rebuild and not worry on that part.   I was looking to do an off road motorbike day there with a mate that's now I found out.

I still have my 8T needs some work but atmo I am focusing on motorbike's.  I'd just thought I would let people know.  Hope everone is well.  Take care

Hey Cyronn, glad to hear you are still about. Good news about the MOD land... I'm planning on going over there 'some time' to do some scale traiiling and a bit of track reconstruction as my Revo & Savage are getting bored of grass/park running ;)

Edited by 4WheelRC

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2016 at 09:41, 4WheelRC said:

Hey Cyronn, glad to hear you are still about. Good news about the MOD land... I'm planning on going over there 'some time' to do some scale traiiling and a bit of track reconstruction as my Revo & Savage are getting bored of grass/park running ;)

Yes I'm still lurking around, actuall going to fix my rear diff on my 8TE this winter, well that is the plan anyways.  Not touched anything RC well over a year now.

On 8/17/2016 at 10:32, Robyrc said:

Hi guys, i live not far from the track and just got into rc cars, does the track still exist? Can the woodland be used? Thanks in advance for your replies

Not sure if the track still is around we always had to upkeep it.  Tris and Paul did put in a ton of effort in on that track. 

Yes you can use the woodland,  we never had an issue as long as you respect others that use it also.

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys! Are any of you still running your RC's? I Got my Savage out the garage last night, and after a good bit of work I got it running this morning!!                                              As the weather looks to be getting a little better is anyone up for a meet up?

10 hours ago, APHEXTWIN said:

Hey Guys! Are any of you still running your RC's? I Got my Savage out the garage last night, and after a good bit of work I got it running this morning!!                                              As the weather looks to be getting a little better is anyone up for a meet up?

Lo stranger! ;)  I haven't been to the track for ages and expect there is little left of it now. But I'll be up for going back there in the summer and re-building it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2017 at 14:56, Smithy111 said:

id be interested in dusting off my rc's and getting back into it again but theres been so little going on last few years and its no fun by yourself

I don't think anyone has been over to the Camberley 'track' for ages, so it'll likely need a lot of reinstating. But I'm up for a little sweeping and shoveling to be able to thrash the ERBE and Savage around again. Maybe later this summer - Anyone else in?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, daymo said:

Anyone go here any more??

Short answer: No... Funny that, I have cycled past the track area a couple of times recently on the way to Swinley and thought about going past it to see if it is completely overgrown etc. AFAIK nobody from the original 'users group' has been there for well over a year, so I expect it'll need a bunch of clearing & sweeping to get usable again. Its too late this year for me (don't like running the fast stuff in mud if I can avoid it). But maybe in 2018?!?

BTW, do you know about the London Scale Trail Runners? http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127

14 minutes ago, 4WheelRC said:

Short answer: No... Funny that, I have cycled past the track area a couple of times recently on the way to Swinley and thought about going past it to see if it is completely overgrown etc. AFAIK nobody from the original 'users group' has been there for well over a year, so I expect it'll need a bunch of clearing & sweeping to get usable again. Its too late this year for me (don't like running the fast stuff in mud if I can avoid it). But maybe in 2018?!?

BTW, do you know about the London Scale Trail Runners? http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127

Didn't expect a response at all let alone same day! Looks like a good location i think i know where it is done a few motor bike events over there plus like you cut through there on the way to swinley, i would be up for a bit of work to get a usable area next year just give me a shout buddy, i am a member on there not used it to much had forgotten about it if I'm honest, I'm just getting the electrics sorted out in my scx10 so i can play with that might have to come to a meet soon!

Edited by daymo
  • Like 1

Hey chaps! Long time no see, hope you're all well! :)

I took my truggy out for the first time in over a year with Paul about two weeks ago to the test tracks. Was the usual outing consisting of me using my leccy truggy while Paul spent two hours trying to get his nitro truggy to run. Aaah, the good old days! :lol:

We didn't bother going to the track as I've ridden through there a few times and noticed its been completely flattened now and all that remains is the basic layout of it. It could certainly be revived without much effort though and I actually still have the spades and brooms stashed nearby should anyone want to give it a go someday.

If the weathers nice one weekend and you're all free it would be great to see you guys again for another bash!

• Like 1

Hey bud I've not been with you guys before but would be happy to help clear the track & have a bash some time

what rc's do you guys normally bash?

Edited by daymo