• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

hi all , ive been reading this thread for the last week ....epic stuff and super impressed with all the LB's !

ive not been into rc for a few years now ....real cars have taken my time up being a sprayer and skyline addict ...i say addict as it does get a bit crack like lol .

ive been tinkering with a drift TL01 and while looking for parts i noticed that the bargain prices of kits from my childhood "just turned 40" and was allways a fan of the lunchbox ,

found a bargain set up and pow ive got a new kit coming to me for tuesday....i hope !

thats where ive found tis awsome thread , got bb's ,shocks ,and geting all the bits to carry out all the mods ive seen on here !

Still making my mind up on design ...maybe two shells as i realy want to do the cannonball ambulance "have seen the one early in this thread ...will have to see if the guy still has the design for me to copy?"

Two shells are a good idea anyway - one for running and one for display as they do tend to get scratched up quite quickly. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

yeah i can see me getting a few shells to do , medi van , lunchbox original ....and some sorta creep van ..faded paint ,rusty streaks ...free puppys and kittns on it somwhere lol

ive also seen a few cool shells from kamtec ...mk1 & 2 transits , 32 ford and ford pop all cheap for bashing !

just waiting on the kit to arrive ...hoping it will be here on tuesday so i can start building it ....nothing left to tinker on with my tl01.

...p.s the guy who done the medic van from cannonball ...i will try find your post to see if you said what paint code you used on your lb ?

pps chears for the reply guys

4 minutes ago, kc3780 said:

I'm Sadly getting rid of my lunchbox and all the upgrades I have with it that are endless as I have a new child n needs must bank balance is way to low ?

No way, 

You listing in the for sale area? I'm not far away.

Edited by myv8growler

No not yet just deciding how much plus how to sort postage out as I have so many body's and would have for them to get damaged I've got just about every up grade possible as well it was my pride and joy but have another pride n joy now ??

17 hours ago, kc3780 said:

No not yet just deciding how much plus how to sort postage out as I have so many body's and would have for them to get damaged I've got just about every up grade possible as well it was my pride and joy but have another pride n joy now ??

Aww sorry to hear that you need to do it bud , I'm currently in the market for some upgrade parts If any are available ?

Edited by H4DOW

5 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

HiAre you making sure you have a bearing kit ready, before you build it? ^_^

Yeah , made sure they came with the kit !! , just finished it ...took my sweet time about it , only gripe I had was the motor moved on the first test and the cog wasn't engaging....hopefully sorted it now ...Will know tomorrow when I get at it again .

5 hours ago, kc3780 said:

Yer sure what are you after? 

Well I've got a 5th shock on its way ,it's allready ball raced .....so anything I might find cool handy ...what have you available ? Ile send you a p.m ..Cheers for the reply guys .

is anyone still rocking there lb or mp as im getting some good year tyre decals coming as a tester and if they fit the tyre nice the guy will be listing them up for sale on ebay ... will keep some info coming in on this !

and also goldstar stockists are doing black LB bodys for £8 odd and 2.50 p+p ...just waiting on mine !!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caleebra said:

You got a link to the bodies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't let me link it ...dunno y 

But it's £8.92 & 2.50 p&p from 

Goldstarstockists UK 

" just Google black lunchbox body shell and click on shopping"

Hadow, it's a pain in the a**e. You have to use imgur to host photos. Upload to imgur, use the "forums and discussion boards" url option, once your photos have uploaded.

Then, back on the forum, click "insert other media" (bottom right), and "insert image from url". Paste the imgur url into the box, but delete the ends (think it says "img", or something). Then it works.

Hello Sherbut, welcome to the forum.

I had a laugh with my Lunch Box today, but ended up breaking it! :xd:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

Hadow, it's a pain in the a**e. You have to use imgur to host photos. Upload to imgur, use the "forums and discussion boards" url option, once your photos have uploaded.

Then, back on the forum, click "insert other media" (bottom right), and "insert image from url". Paste the imgur url into the box, but delete the ends (think it says "img", or something). Then it works.

Hello Sherbut, welcome to the forum.

I had a laugh with my Lunch Box today, but ended up breaking it! :xd:

Brilliant vid, 

Take 1 ...crash 

Take 2 ....crash 

Take 3 ....stuck 

Take 8 ...**** it RAHHHHH !

• Like 1