• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

5 hours ago, blueovalcraig said:

Haha yeah it does sound better. The whole blueoval thing comes from my ford days when the ‘tinterweb’ and forums were a new thing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair I've got a fiesta st and a defender😁

Had a busy week with the vRS 

Changed the brakes F&R, Kinetix grooved and dimpled disks with Brembo pads 

2-A781-EB5-2-FE3-41-D3-BD54-7-E875-F6-CA

43-B8-E799-4-AE0-4-B8-E-9427-D695-A6-F39

920-F3-A37-56-CE-4-DC1-8-C35-C7-E11-A3-B

Then i done the Secondary Air Injection delete, i changed the coolant flange and coolant temp sensor at the same time, made sense because I had to remove the flange to get to the SAI injection valve. Also I simplified the Evap and breather pipe work... 

ECC0-A539-F9-EC-4-E38-9-C47-C535-CB0-D93

64-BD87-E0-41-C5-46-FD-9-CF3-685-FEFCE0-

👍 

• Like 3

Spent about 14 hours over last weekend machine polishing, waxing and detailing the VRS 

3318362-B-3312-4105-BA1-D-A0-AFE42-D4431

She’s off to Powerflow Southampton on Monday for a new shiny exhaust system, also got a updated ECU map to delete out the SAI system I removed and the post cat Lambda ready for the new exhaust 

Next job is alloy refurbishment 👍 

• Like 2

Got the exhaust done today, a bit annoyed they didn’t have the tail pipe I wanted, so they bodged together something until they source the one I want, anyway it sounds lovely, not too loud and you can still hear the induction, turbo and dv 

57-AD5-D71-E16-B-4-A32-9-E6-D-F84-EC32-F

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was meant to be getting my alloys refurbed, but decided that can wait till spring time now. So I bought all this instead, I did have a advisory about my rear shocks and springs on the last MOT in July, so makes sense to overhaul all the suspension and lower the car a bit all at the same time, I’m not going stupid low though, probably about 40mm all round 

873112-D2-D69-A-42-FE-9240-B1943-DA23-C1

It will be fine, I’ve taken the advice from a owners club I’m a member of [emoji106] 

If your club members told you that Stance coilovers were ok then I’d change the club you’re in.
Fine if you just want to slam it and admire it.
They are useless on the road.
AP would be a better choice and still pretty darn cheap.
BC Racing, or Spax if you have a slightly larger budget.

Bash, Break, Build, Repeat...

Who do I believe? I know 3 lads with these and they rate them for the money

For the money?
Or lack of.
Knowing three people with them isn’t really good research tbh.
Not trying to put you down but you get what you pay for.

Ive done the modded thing and have a heavily modified LCR at present.
I speak from experience, there is no comparison with more expensive quality products.
But it’s each to their own and budget plays a roll.
If you have a bigger budget available then I’d invest it in the shocks. It’s a big part of the car.
As a side note, someone above mentioned going low doesn’t always mean it will handle any better, sometimes worse.
He’s not wrong.
In fact lots of cars perform much worse on track and road when slammed.
It’s a misconception that
lower = more grip and better handling.
There are a few elements that effect it.

Bash, Break, Build, Repeat...
  • Like 1

If I had the money I would have spent out a bit more, but I don’t...  I’ve driven a VRS with this suspension with more power than I’m running and it was big improvement over my tired stock suspension, but if I keep the car for a longer amount of time I may consider spending a bit more 👍 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took me 6 years of saving to buy it, Ive had it 5 years now and I still love it. I try to drive it once a week, but I dont go out in the wet so in the winter it sometimes sits for 2-3 weeks and I start to get a bit grumpy/car withdrawal, even now I get butterflies when I know im going out in it.

engine-nov15.JPG

• Like 3

My B3 Audi 80, just finishing off sticking a 16V lump in. Need an exhaust making and it'll be ready. 

69538857_2433298296944454_78167756676635

70349087_2422279111379706_68300786831311

And my B3 Passat which is my sensible daily driver, its a 2.0 8v thats soon to have a hot cam, exhaust and ported head 😅

67367384_2390434924564125_57843718630187

Edited by lel-95
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I also decided to not be sensible recently and chopped in my 320d for this A6 3.0 biturbo and I don’t regret it for a second. Yes I’m getting 10mpg less but my commute is vastly more enjoyable which makes it worth every penny. Trouble is I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to go back to a 4 pot now!

Heres how it looked when the weather was better, it’s currently closer to black than white 🤣

0ECAC8DA-1439-4DE5-8F9F-4E96D61C4C2C.thumb.jpeg.e4205d271b4c25f5d904858f4b394b06.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bix said:

I also decided to not be sensible recently and chopped in my 320d for this A6 3.0 biturbo and I don’t regret it for a second. Yes I’m getting 10mpg less but my commute is vastly more enjoyable which makes it worth every penny. Trouble is I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to go back to a 4 pot now!

A very similar story to me! I've gone from a 318d to the M140i, from 52mpg to about 20 🤣

2 months on and i don't regret it for a second!

• Like 1