• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

1 minute ago, shaunm said:

Indeed locked and booted when on the drive.

Looking forward to all the mods, full retrim including rear, full carpet liner sort of day van style then exterior, wheels chequer plate lights etc!

The mods never end lol. you going to LRO show next weekend ?? 

Just now, Rover Man said:

The mods never end lol. you going to LRO show next weekend ?? 

Sadly not I'm away, have been in the past many times, this is my 3rd defender so no stranger to the mark, certainly looking to go next year if I'm around. My wife is a wildlife photographer hence the landy and day van conversion, gets us where we need to go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14 September 2016 at 19:59, toddfg said:

Most stolen or most parts stolen?

b47826b2ad246fa9530d09a88b14854d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not funny because it's a land rover because I'm a big land rover fan :) but sooo funny it's a police vehicle :lol: 

• 2 months later...

Looks pretty good to me!!

Just replaced all 4 tyres - changed from F1 ASY2's to Michelin PS4's - first impressions are amazing, but only a few miles - need to see how they are in mixed conditions.

Special offer on for Michelin at Kwik Fit - did a very good and careful job - and you get a 'free Winter Kit' including travel mug, gloves, blanket ... just about 'you name it' - brings the Michelin price down to the Goodyear price!

Al.

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Looks pretty good to me!!

Just replaced all 4 tyres - changed from F1 ASY2's to Michelin PS4's - first impressions are amazing, but only a few miles - need to see how they are in mixed conditions.

Special offer on for Michelin at Kwik Fit - did a very good and careful job - and you get a 'free Winter Kit' including travel mug, gloves, blanket ... just about 'you name it' - brings the Michelin price down to the Goodyear price!

Al.

The best tyres for general road use are MPSS.... wouldn't put anything else on my cars! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carpmart said:

The best tyres for general road use are MPSS.... wouldn't put anything else on my cars! 

I was tempted but E/B rating put me off. C(fuel)/A(noise) plus a better price won it for the PS4 - don't doubt the MPSS performs well, but at a price I wouldn't notice the difference on normal roads I reckon.

What size are those rears, 285/35 R20 ?

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Just now, atom3624 said:

I was tempted but E/B rating put me off. C(fuel)/A(noise) plus a better price won it for the PS4 - don't doubt the MPSS performs well, but at a price I wouldn't notice the difference on normal roads I reckon.

What size are those rears, 285/35 ?

Al.

295/30 R20 rear

265/35 R20 front

24 minutes ago, 53HRA said:

Oh hello there :mf_dribble:

22 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I'd want to ask 100 questions, but will simply say I am impressed - very nice ride.

Al.

Thanks guys...

I've run it carefully from new and nearly got it where i want it now... but I've other itches to scratch too! ;) 

Yeah, time for a change to an E63S then!

There's always the RS6 if you need a bigger boot, to carry the RC's around in .....

Joking!

Boot's big enough on the M5!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624