• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I think i've pretty much finished my Hyper 7e build!

MAZ

Been interesting reading and seeing how yours is progressing, mine has come to a grinding halt. Had to have whole garden slabbed and a new garage roof in the weeks leading up to xmas. But now ready to order my remaining parts to get it running.

Have fun

Neil

Cheers man :D

What have you got left to do on yours?

To get it running all I need is the motor/esc combo and a lipo. Just seems all my money has gone on the house over the past few months and with the weather been buying helicopters and quads to fly in the house :s

• 2 weeks later...

Update time again :D

I got the battery straps the other day...

20130111_211247.jpg

20130111_211222.jpg

I've tried to keep it tidy, kept the wires out of the way mostly lol. I also superglued some lexen onto the chassis to stop grass and crap getting in through here

20130111_213951.jpg

Dunno how long it will hold out but couldnt find the carbon fibre vinyl stuff I was going to use to cover the chass with I was also gonna put some over the steering rack brace holder thing as I dont like the colour it is currently

I think i'm pretty much done now :D (just seen that I need to do some cable tying lol)

Just need to get a new shell at some point

20130111_211056.jpg

If the weather holds out tomorrow i'm going to take it out on a quick test run. I'm running an 18t pinion on the stock spur (not sure what size the spur gear is?)

This is what the buggy has on it so far

Xerun 150a

Leopard 2000kv 4274 motor (because the wires.were cut by the previous owner I think the motor cogs quite a bit a very low speed)

Power HD steering servo

18t pinion on a stock spur

Ally chassis braces

Front and rear bumper (from Ravenguard if memory serves)

Cnc knuckles

Hub extenders

Hyper ST pro truggy shocks

Hyper ST pro shock towers

Laydown servo mount

When my bank account is in better shape i'll be getting a new shell, some badlands and maybe some on-road wheels.

Either that or get some on-road wheels for my Hyper ST maybe a new shell too

I'll get a video up of it running when I can

Any thoughts, ideas on what else I can do to the hyper 7 are muchly appreciated

Cheers :D

Had my first go with the Hyper 7 today (sorry, no video footage as it was just me and the lad) and it was amazing!!!!

Had it running on 5s and I loved it!

I did lose a wheel nut though and had to go home and get a spare.

Its so responsive and quick (and that was with the punch dialled down to 2)

Absolutely no complaints :)

Gonna have a go with my Truggy on 5s tomorrow and see how it compares to the H7

It was brilliant on 5s :D I also didnt find it too much - I was using a zippy 5s 5000mah 40c from Hobbyking (UK warehouse)

The only problem is the weight of the 5s lipo - I found doing a jump that its a not very balanced lol - excellent fun though. I'm gonna try it with my 4s lipo and see if its better balanced as it crashes back down after a terrible jump ;)

To be honest though I dont care if the balance is off - it was bloody good fun (brief though as my son decided to jump in a freezing puddle of water, without wearing wellies so we had to call it a day lol)

Edited by MAZ

Really nice setup. I've got a similar one but with the Hobbywing SC8 WP. I want to go 5S too but the SC8 only goes to 4S. I wish they made a 5/6S WP setup though. I've got the motor flipped on mine though and it seems to work well with the weight balance it just means that I can't run longer than a 68mm can :(

Really nice setup. I've got a similar one but with the Hobbywing SC8 WP. I want to go 5S too but the SC8 only goes to 4S. I wish they made a 5/6S WP setup though. I've got the motor flipped on mine though and it seems to work well with the weight balance it just means that I can't run longer than a 68mm can :(

have you got any pics of your setup? i'd be interested to see how it looks

Glad you're enjoying it. I have a 2200kv in mine and on 5S I find that for just general bashing it's a bit too fast. So I have two entries on my transmitter, one with 100% throttle, and one with 66% throttle. That way I can easily dial it back a bit when on 5S, but have it balls out on 4S or 3S.

I'm gonna have to check my settings as I think mine is set to 75% throttle - when I first got my xerun on my hyper st, it says in the setup to dial it back to 75% (at least... I'm pretty sure it said to do that in the setup)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a bit of time so I thought i'd update my Hyper 7e thread :)

It's been mostly quiet around here because it's been snowing or i've been working but one of the things I did sort out was the annoying problem with my Xerun 150a esc.

I didnt know that there was a problem with the lipo "auto-detect" function on the esc, apparently it doesn't like detecting 5s lipo's (and 3s lipo's too)

A way around this is to set the "auto-detect" to "manual" - so if you use 4s and 5s when you change packs, you'll have to undo the receiver box, plug in the program card, change from 4s to 5s, then plug the esc back into the receiver, put it back in the receiver box etc etc.

Basically I just wanted to save a bit of time and hassle when changing the lipo's (had I known about this in the first place i'd have probably stuck with 4s)

I bought a Y-harness from ebay and then had to get some male-male receiver leads

20130120_140603.jpg

The idea was to have part of the harness sticking out by the receiver box so when I change packs I could plug in the program card change from 4s to 5s, unplug it and go...

I plugged it all in but up until that point I didnt know that the esc wouldnt talk to the program box if its still plugged into the receiver - It just says "Connecting ESC" and wont go any further

20130120_141903.jpg

So with Suicideneils advice I went and changed the y-harness into a extension lead (it looked a little like this before nipping and heatshrinking)

20130120_190900.jpg

After nipping the wires on the harness and putting some heatshrink over it, I stuck a bit of velcro on the heatshrink to help keep it in place

(I might change it to some super sticky stuff if the velcro turns out to be no good when bashing)

I've tried to keep it neat and tidy

20130126_142434.jpg

20130126_142204.jpg

It works just fine and now I cant wait to take my hyper 7 or ST out for a bash :D

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on this

I found some mudguards the other day, I think they came with the Mugen MBX6T sideguards that I got for my Hyper ST. Must've just forgotten abouth them until they magically turned up again

Which was nice :D

Trimmed them up a bit and got them fitted

20130205_212529_zps4b1eba45.jpg

20130205_212629_zpsc59be878.jpg

Just need to buy or make a protective cover now :)

Quick update on this

I found some mudguards the other day, I think they came with the Mugen MBX6T sideguards that I got for my Hyper ST. Must've just forgotten abouth them until they magically turned up again

Which was nice :D

Trimmed them up a bit and got them fitted

20130205_212529_zps4b1eba45.jpg

20130205_212629_zpsc59be878.jpg

Just need to buy or make a protective cover now :)

I'm liking the mudguards!