• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Project RAT

James D

Right, I know that i'll get a LOT of stick for this, but i'm really quite tempted to "Rat look" my MX5 if, and when i supercharge it making it into a "Sleeper" (A car that looks like a box of crap but will actually murder any other car within a heartbeat)

If possible (I'll love you forever) Would it be possible to chop something along these lines:

154249-1344.jpg

Onto This?

576067_4263372580847_127357712_n.jpg

I do have my reasons for doing it, but also i think i need to be 100% sure on how it'd look before i did it...

Please can it be done with the rusted "rat" effect all over, apart from the wheels, windows, door handles and roof (of course) and could i get the front and rear bumpers done in a Matt Black?

Odd request i know and probably one of the harder ones, But at least i'm not asking you to put some deep dish purple wheels on as well... am i? whistle.gif

Thanks SO MUCH in advance, i will truly love you forever as my PS skills are beyond crap xD

Right, I know that i'll get a LOT of stick for this, but i'm really quite tempted to "Rat look" my MX5 if, and when i supercharge it making it into a "Sleeper" (A car that looks like a box of crap

I don't see how it'd be any different... :ph34r:

But seriously, if you are going to wreck it, I'd look at painting the whole car a matte colour. I've seen one local in matte black which looks mint, and other vibrant matte colours could look good too.

i dont think its worth ratting james, its worth too much... especially if you are putting a turbo or supercharger on the engine

i've seen a matte green one that looked cool, but still they look a lot smarter done up nice in a gloss colour

Rat has a lot of definitions, The way i want to "Rat" the car is to rust it on the body panels apart from the front and rear bumpers (which will be matt black) but to only achieve surface rust. This will then be sealed in to slow down the progression of the rust so it doesn't actually eat the whole way through the metal using a lacquer, giving a glossy "rusty" colour because... well... it's rust.

The main reason i want to do it is because like Robins 45, Nobody has done it before. I can't find a single MX5 that has been properly ratted.

And on another note, i've been taking enough bloody stick on having a hairdryer with wheels and/or a girls car, so in all honesty, your opinions can go f*ck off. No offence intended but the reason i did this thread was so i could get a rough idea of what it'd look like, and all i've had is a rat over a pic of my car, and people saying "it'd look stupid". Well to be honest it's my car. and all i want is a simple picture that has been edited

ta

sorry if it seems i have offended you. but that mx5 looks a tidy little car as is. people who reckon there hairdressers cars, bet there the ones that drive sheds and just jealous.....

again, sorry for offending you. :thumbsup: