• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bb guns/ airsoft and the law

forbs

guns are safe to carry in public IF its unload, with no air cartridge in it (if it uses Co2) and no mag installed and the chambers are clear And it cased pref locked or padlocked

when mine are in the car, ammo/pellets are in a tool box along with the mags for the multi shot, guns/rifles are bagged and scopes ect are capped, i run pre charged so carry a 7l dive bottle, dont forget you need compressed air badge/sticker on the boot of the car too

if the police pull you thay can not touch your guns unless there qualified too (armed responce) and it has to be on private land otherwise thay will be commiting the offence them selfs

edit. dont even pre load your mags as this can be taken as an active weapon

Edited by flash22

• 8 years later...

the law has changed now for bb guns in uk https://bbguns4less.co.uk/pages/bbguns-and-the-law.html

On 30/08/2012 at 14:55, forbs said:

Well they sell them at my local gun shop,

I think it means actually carrying it around in public fear-mongering but I'm sure it would be the same in the case of a rifle,

Mine was a replica was the same size/colour and details as the real thing and bought legally and I shot it on regular occasion, it was a few years ago mind