• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bez's 100+MPH 1:8 On Road Project - End result 110Mph :)

-BEZ-

good luckk chap what did you hit at rossa ??

I had technical issues and it went painfully slow, but from what i understand the issue has been sorted, so all i can say is watch this space, once I get a nice dry day i will try and do some further testing :)

I had technical issues and it went painfully slow, but from what i understand the issue has been sorted, so all i can say is watch this space, once I get a nice dry day i will try and do some further testing :)

i am interested as id like a car to do 50 never mind a tonne lol

I need to re design the chassis a bit but i need to get some CAD skills first, I have spoken to fiber lyte and they can cut it, which saves me one hell of a horrible job.

Nice build. I use the free CAD software from emachineshop.com for doing 2D designs. I've exported them as DXF's before and sent them to fibrelyte and they've been able to cut from them. Stephen is familiar with it.

Nice build. I use the free CAD software from emachineshop.com for doing 2D designs. I've exported them as DXF's before and sent them to fibrelyte and they've been able to cut from them. Stephen is familiar with it.

Ahhh that's interesting, I did one via emachineshop.com and they said they couldn't open it ............. I will look into that again I think. Cheers for the heads up :good:

That sounds good mate, do they give you a quote and are their prices reasonable?

There is a basic costing option in the software. Just fired mine up and yeah it outputs to DXF ........ cant believe i didn't notice the export option ....... I'm such a CAD noob :lol:

At least I can get on finishing the chassis design now, with software that doesn't confuse the hell out of me :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

well good news, I completed my mission :good: DM1 got just over 110Mph.

As my chaser project is making better progress this beauty is now up for sale please see linky http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/178327-fs-ofna-dm1-roller-with-speed-tuning-parts/