• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bez's 100+MPH 1:8 On Road Project - End result 110Mph :)

-BEZ-

Thanks for the comments, there is a long way to go and little time, so there will be plenty of updates over the next couple of weeks lol

looking awesome bez :D and I know its going to sound stupid but to lighten up the chassis couldnt you of got candyman to mill out areas? like on the hong nor lightened chassis? :)

cant wait to see a video of it :D

No point Cam, If the chassis design works, Im going carbon fibre :good:

amazing project bez, you fail to half arse things!

from my experience with the speed cars and such i was advised that making the car as light as possible should not be a priority and weight can be beneficially as it can give you some stability in light winds

i hope you reach the 100+mph

amazing project bez, you fail to half arse things!

from my experience with the speed cars and such i was advised that making the car as light as possible should not be a priority and weight can be beneficially as it can give you some stability in light winds

i hope you reach the 100+mph

lol yeah I cant stand cutting corners, and all my failures and experiences to date have directed me to where i am today lol

Yeah less weight is more of an advantage for short run ups, I will be running the CR again at ROSSA this year hopefully that will go alright, but with that project i am expecting a fire of sorts lol

Once you are travelling at speeds of 60+ weight doesn't really come in to it, it's all about aerodynamics and power to push the thing through the air. Watching with interest :good:

Tell me about it, the only downside is when something does manage to go wrong, it hurts much more

True, but some things should never be skimped on. To be fair tho all the kit i run now has been a process of natural RC selection. Ive blown up several ESCs and found cheap radio gear doesnt always work with high end electrical kit. Not to mention the several servos ive killed racing etc.

So its not like i haven't tried the cheaper route at one point or another, but lets face it the best way to learn is from trying stuff out for yourself and making the odd mistake :)

the shells look even better in the flesh,than the photos,the gulf epic,i wouldnt want to run that shell either,cant wait till end of sep for ROSSA

+1 on that Gulf shell.

This is the mother of all 1/8th scale on road speed projects. Bez, I would send you money to finish it quicker :xd:

From seeing it, looks bigger than a 1/8th imo.

Just done a little update on the thread, fingers crossed I should be able to make some progress this weekend on the chassis layout (providing my shed building all goes to plan lol ), but alass Im still waiting on a battery tray from america, as the first order got royally screwed up and wasted about 4 week of build time ............ always the way lol

Ta fella, Just cant shake that feeling of a 100Mph fire tho :rofl:

Actually that's a lie, my biggest concern is hitting a timing gate at full speed, it almost like trying to thread a needle while drunk. when the RC is traveling at 80Mph+ lol

Edited by -BEZ-

watching this closely as i'm doing something similar but with my kyosho inferno GT, i was also hoping to get to rossa this year with it but don't think i'll be able to make it

Edited by Outlaw Graphics